Lead time?

Zoomy

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
How soon could I get a new MG5 in the UK if I ordered one today?

We ordered ours at the end of January and have been told to expect delivery at the end of May.

The consensus seems to be, shop around dealers for what they have in stock or order the spec you want from your prefered dealer and take the lead time with a metric tonne if salt.

MG China batch build the specs they want. Park then in a storage area and wait for semiconductors (dab radio chip seems to be the big issue affecting rhd vehicles). Then try and slot it on a boat. MG UK get very little information on what is being shipped and by extension the same goes for your dealer. It is the cheapest way to produce and ship vehicles and this is reflected in the purchase price.

Absolutely love my 5LR best decision I've made in recent history. Would happily buy again.

Yeah, got the spec I wanted but not the colour. The dealer had ordered a silver one so took that. Was wanting black but they couldnt say when I would get it. Loving the car and silver is not too bad 😂

If you are wanting one very quickly then..... phone the dealers, be willing to travel, be willing to compromise on colour and there is every chance you will find one. The more flexible you are, the better your chances.

Let us know how you get on please?

I agree to shop around, I test drove a MG5 LR on the 19th Feb, (Leicester MG) ordered the Exclusive in White and picked it up on the 9 March, also paid just over 28k thanks to CarWow, wall box fitted one week later, my wife’s 3008 took 7 months from order. Maybe I just fell lucky 🤗

I ordered a Westminster Silver Long Range Exclusive mid November last year. I had visited 2 dealers who both quoted March 2022. Five months in and I am still waiting.

For interest I contacted MG UK direct in case they could be more positive than the embarrassed dealer from whom I ordered the car. Their response was prompt and asked for the the 10 digit order number in order that they could check the status of the order. They confirmed the order was active awaiting build with an estimate subject to amendment of early August - this would make a 10 month wait.

Speaking to the dealer about the response he was sure that delivery would be much sooner to ease my discomfort but that is all I have namely his optimism.

Hang on though I have a confirmed order with a £2,500 gov discount and confirmation that the 0 percent finance is in place. I also just squeezed in with the £350 home charger subsidy.

LGUK has it about right in his post so if your in a hurry shop around because there are cars out there. As for me I would of course shop around with the benefit of hind-site but I'll hang on to my 2021 deal.

I ordered a Westminster Silver Long Range Exclusive mid November last year. I had visited 2 dealers who both quoted March 2022. Five months in and I am still waiting.

For interest I contacted MG UK direct in case they could be more positive than the embarrassed dealer from whom I ordered the car. Their response was prompt and asked for the the 10 digit order number in order that they could check the status of the order. They confirmed the order was active awaiting build with an estimate subject to amendment of early August - this would make a 10 month wait.

Speaking to the dealer about the response he was sure that delivery would be much sooner to ease my discomfort but that is all I have namely his optimism.

Hang on though I have a confirmed order with a £2,500 gov discount and confirmation that the 0 percent finance is in place. I also just squeezed in with the £350 home charger subsidy.

LGUK has it about right in his post so if your in a hurry shop around because there are cars out there. As for me I would of course shop around with the benefit of hind-site but I'll hang on to my 2021 deal.
No much luck there, think I waited about 4 months for mine, Frasers had already ordered a silver one and I wanted black but would gave taken too long so went with the silver. Got the discount and 0% interest as well. Worth the wait 😀

If I was quoted early August now I'd be thinking about hanging on for the 2022 model, although there is no firm date for that yet

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 23.59.37.png

Autotrader.co.uk showing 3 brand new MG5 EV Exclusive available immediately - 2022 registration - Milage clocked less than 50 miles.

I ordered mind Dec 21 told April but then got it march 👍🙂😃 mine built new 5 miles on clock when picked up it is white LR exclusive

View attachment 7845
Autotrader.co.uk showing 3 brand new MG5 EV Exclusive available immediately - 2022 registration - Milage clocked less than 50 miles.

Looks like they are technically already registered so the buyer will be the 2nd owner.
Personally, that would not bother me, but it might not be for everybody.

What would bother me is the extra £4k plus that is being asked compared to what I paid.

Looks like they are technically already registered so the buyer will be the 2nd owner.
Personally, that would not bother me, but it might not be for everybody.

What would bother me is the extra £4k plus that is being asked compared to what I paid.

I bought the demonstrator with 22 miles on the clock, was happy to be the 2nd owner for the discount I got 😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom