LED DRL Changed To Yellow

Tim29

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I recently observed that the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) on my car have changed from white to yellow. Has anyone else experienced this issue? My car is nearly 2 yrs old, with only 8,600 miles on it. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9850.jpeg
    IMG_9850.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 37
both of them? and what happens when indicator turn on? they work as normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes both of them (left side photo attached with headlights on) . The indicators worked as normal though.

Attachments

• IMG_9860.jpeg
    IMG_9860.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 34
Yes both of them (left side photo attached with headlights on) . The indicators worked as normal though.
check with your dealer whether they can fix it under the warranty. if I find something useful for you, I'll post it here

just to give you an idea what it could be -

CAUSE ... The connection between the LED module and light tube inside the headlight is damaged.
CORRECTION... Inspect and replace the affected LED module. Replace the headlight only if internal damage is found to the light tube.
based on your inspection:
Discoloration is present only on the LED module- Replace the affected LED module only, following ISTA/AIR repair instructions based on the vehicle model.
Discoloration is present on the LED module AND the light tube: Replace the complete headlight and the LED module, following ISTA/AIR repair instructions based on the vehicle model.

Last edited:
check with your dealer whether they can fix it under the warranty. if I find something useful for you, I'll post it here

just to give you an idea what it could be -

CAUSE ... The connection between the LED module and light tube inside the headlight is damaged.
CORRECTION... Inspect and replace the affected LED module. Replace the headlight only if internal damage is found to the light tube.
based on your inspection:
Discoloration is present only on the LED module- Replace the affected LED module only, following ISTA/AIR repair instructions based on the vehicle model.
Discoloration is present on the LED module AND the light tube: Replace the complete headlight and the LED module, following ISTA/AIR repair instructions based on the vehicle model.
Thanks fred12345. My car is scheduled for its second service next month, and I'll bring up this issue with my dealer. I'm just surprised that it occurred on a low-mileage, two-year-old car, but hopefully, it's covered under warranty.

Thanks fred12345. My car is scheduled for its second service next month, and I'll bring up this issue with my dealer. I'm just surprised that it occurred on a low-mileage, two-year-old car, but hopefully, it's covered under warranty.
Just to make sure, check whether it's actually the indicator that is glowing faintly? I can't figure out from your photos... Good luck with warranty, should be OK. I would call them in advance of service so they know what to order...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom