Leeds ULEV parking pass - Free no more.

Justin H

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
It's funny that, within a week of me saying on another thread that local council free ULEV parking incentives will disappear soon, I get a letter today stating that from April they will cost £30. It's still a great deal if you use council controlled street parking often. They say they will use the money to update old chargers and install new ones. If this proves to be true then I think it is a good thing and it shows that local authorities are starting to up their game. Get any free incentives you can before they all disappear.

Pre pandemic and back in 2017 when I had leaf I asked council for one of these, but as I wasn’t a resident in Leeds I was turned down. My argument was I travelled into Leeds everyday for work and parked in council parking areas, and they should really look at the bigger picture in alignment with their travel plan and ambitions around cleaner air. I even raised it with the local MP, who agreed, but nothing came of it.

Its a great idea though and even at £30 is good value, especially if that funds the infrastructure

Pre pandemic and back in 2017 when I had leaf I asked council for one of these, but as I wasn’t a resident in Leeds I was turned down. My argument was I travelled into Leeds everyday for work and parked in council parking areas, and they should really look at the bigger picture in alignment with their travel plan and ambitions around cleaner air. I even raised it with the local MP, who agreed, but nothing came of it.

Its a great idea though and even at £30 is good value, especially if that funds the infrastructure
I'm not sure whether the pass will be open to all ULEV vehicles regardless of where they live or work. Seems strange to keep it the same if you are trying to raise money for charging infrastructure.

It's funny that, within a week of me saying on another thread that local council free ULEV parking incentives will disappear soon, I get a letter today stating that from April they will cost £30. It's still a great deal if you use council controlled street parking often. They say they will use the money to update old chargers and install new ones. If this proves to be true then I think it is a good thing and it shows that local authorities are starting to up their game. Get any free incentives you can before they all disappear.
Yes I got my letter too. I doubt I will be paying as I only used it 3 times in the last year. It was convenient to have but I rarely need to drive into the centre of Leeds.

Hot off the press Leeds people. Letter through the post this morning to say it's finally scrapped.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom