Lesson learnt, locked keys in car!

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Me again, is it possible to lock and unlock the car via the app?! Today I put stuff in the boot, including my jacket with the keys in, shut the boot and went to press the door button only to find access denied! How close do the keys have to be to the handle, is it possible to deactivate the keyless locking and unlocking, and is it possible to open the doors via the app, when it’s working?! Luckily my phone was not in the jacket pocket or I’d be locked in the carpark now, lesson learnt, but I don’t want to risk it happening again!

Me again, is it possible to lock and unlock the car via the app?! Today I put stuff in the boot, including my jacket with the keys in, shut the boot and went to press the door button only to find access denied! How close do the keys have to be to the handle, is it possible to deactivate the keyless locking and unlocking, and is it possible to open the doors via the app, when it’s working?! Luckily my phone was not in the jacket pocket or I’d be locked in the carpark now, lesson learnt, but I don’t want to risk it happening again!
If the keys were in the boot, the boot although closed should not be locked, therefore you should be able to retrieve your keys. As for door locks, I believe your keys need to be within 1 metre for then to work.
The second point, you can set the app so you have a digital key.

Thanks, the boot definitely refused to open again after shutting it with keys in jacket. Getting the app to bind is the next job as it’s never done it yet. Strangely too, after being rescued with spare key, my radio refused to work on the way home?!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom