Let there be light.....and there was light!

Chrispydoc

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Folk,

I have finally found a cheap and easy way to illuminate the charging socket. For less than £6! Mind you it took weeks to arrive from China, but so what.
LED Lamp PIR Motion Sensor Wireless Door Keyhole Light Battery Night Light Auto. 6012483286417 | eBay

thumbnail_IMG_7886.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7885.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7887.jpg

I wanted something simple and cheap. It is powered by a single battery. Mind you, it is a tight fit. Its basically slightly too thick as was, so I discarded its mounting plate and trimmed off the little fixing clips. Then you have to carefully position it so that it doesn't foul anything. Use the supplied double sized tape to fix it and there you go.
You will also notice I had already painted my rubber bungs to make them stand out.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just bought a torch to keep in the car. Like the idea of painted rubber plugs though..

I take your point Mark, and indeed I aways carry a big heavy torch, resting along side my drivers seat.:sneaky:

But I found that juggling a touch and the unfamiliar fast charging lead, in a windswept, wet car park, in Kings Lynn....quite stressful. Not helped by my initial inability to get the technology to work!

This lockdown had a lot to answer for.
The number of silly jobs around the house that were never going to get done are now finished. Pleased my wife no end.?

Fair point and it’s a great idea if MG would learn from some of these suggestions, it would have been great if the front, when released opened downwards...

This lockdown had a lot to answer for.
The number of silly jobs around the house that were never going to get done are now finished. Pleased my wife no end.?
Regrettably B&Q was closed for me and therefore was unable to do those jobs..

Excellent. I guess it was the not fouling anything that meant it was mounted a bit off-vertical ?

I tried several slightly different positions and this seemed the best....the light is shining around the black plastic moulding, to best illuminate the rubber covers.... I did think of painting it black..but what the heck, nobody can see that its out of square, unless you are charging! And being a PIR, it switches off if there is no movement near it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom