Lights left on?

dragon2611

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
MG5 LR Exclusive pre facelift.

The few times I've managed to drive it so far the weathers been rather wet and horrible so I've manually switched the dipped beams on.
When I turn the car off I get a reminder that I've left the lights on, what I was wondering is does it automatically turn them off after a while or it will happily let them stay on and drain the 12v?

I think on my leaf even if you had left the lights on it would turn them off after a number of seconds anyway.

I just use the auto setting. If you turn it it puts them on and will go off when you shut the car down.

Exactly what I find but the car does at least remind you the lights are still on when you shut down.

This happened to me today. my wife drove and asked how to turn the lights on .I showed her the switch settings and I hadn’t realised the auto setting is actually turned off and on by pushing the switch to the right against a spring. she moved the switch back from the right thinking she’d put the lights in auto but had put the sidelights on. We pulled into the drive and wondered why the lights stayed on when she locked the car. Lesson learned!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom