Little information required pls

jag john

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi and thanks for letting me join I pick up my new HS PHEV exclusive at the end of June and I wander if anyone could help with a little information first whereabouts is the charge plug situated on the uk spec vehicle and how long is the supplied lead and can I leave it plugged in on granny charge all night ie does it automatically turn off when fully charged thanks everyone

Charge plug drivers side rear, the included cable is 5m from the 3pin plug to the type 2 plug and the included cable/ EVSE is able to be used regularly all night providing that:

• a dedicated outdoor circuit is provided (i.e the socket has its own MCB in the consumer unit) or that it is connected to a ring main that is not going to be close to full load/overloaded with the addition of the car charger
  • it is only extended with quality outdoor extensions such as sold by toughleads.co.uk (can personally recommend)
  • It is connected to a Type A or B RCD.
  • It ideally is connected to a circuit that contains a PME or a PEN device.
It will stop charging when fully charged.

Hi,

Just picked ours up this afternoon, the port is on the drivers side.

Comes with a 3 pin charger, about 3m long.

Attachments

• Untitled Note - 6 May 2022 16.42.jpg
    Untitled Note - 6 May 2022 16.42.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 89
Thanks John,

So far very impressed. Also have a ZS EV. Charging earlier was only 1.5kw on my 7kw charger so trying to figure out why it wasn't 3.5kw as battery almost flat. Bound to be user error 😁.

Thanks John,

So far very impressed. Also have a ZS EV. Charging earlier was only 1.5kw on my 7kw charger so trying to figure out why it wasn't 3.5kw as battery almost flat. Bound to be user error 😁.
HS Phev can charge at a max of 3.7kW / 16A.
1.5kW seems wrong.. even the 3pin charger I used charges at 2.4kW

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom