Load shift under slow braking to a stop

powerfulx

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have noticed now, the stock suspension must be rubbish, coming to a stop at the lights, the weight shifts back front a fair amount. Much like an old wagon or kingswood. Test it next time your out.

Its not dependant on regen. Its the final stop.
Ok, I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary, but maybe I'm just used to how the car feels. My usual driving style is cruising to a stop at lights. If I brake more aggressively than usual the car does lurch forward but I think that's physics and a heavier car? When I first got the car the suspension did feel firmer than what I was used to, but I think that's how they tuned it with the choice of the firmer sway bars. There's a guy on FB that has changed to a 24mm front sway bar (usually 30mm) and has reported a softer ride and less understeer.

Also...Brick got suspended?! 🤔

Ok, I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary, but maybe I'm just used to how the car feels. My usual driving style is cruising to a stop at lights. If I brake more aggressively than usual the car does lurch forward but I think that's physics and a heavier car? When I first got the car the suspension did feel firmer than what I was used to, but I think that's how they tuned it with the choice of the firmer sway bars. There's a guy on FB that has changed to a 24mm front sway bar (usually 30mm) and has reported a softer ride and less understeer.

Also...Brick got suspended?! 🤔
Yeah I just saw that...

Not noticed any difference to other cars myself. Of course it will depend on how we drive as individuals and the cars we have driven.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom