Locking Wheel Nuts

drjat

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5

I am getting my MG5EV next week.
Does it already have locking wheel nuts?
If not - then would you suggest that I buy these from MG Dealer or these in link above better option?.
PS: I live in a fairly low crime area so having doubts if these are actually necessary or not.
Suggestions welcome. Thanks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our son had all four alloys stolen from his beat up old Polo two days before his medicine finals! About eight years ago. He still passed!

I am getting my MG5 tomorrow and I was wondering the same thing but can you remember anyone saying they had the wheels stolen off the car it used to be a thing in the 80s but lately I am not so sure
You "Pay's your money and take's your chances".
I have been a victim of wheel theft, it is NOT nice !.
Why would you not offer SOME level of difficultly for just a small outlay of £30 just beats me ?.
If you wanted to claim on your insurance for wheel theft, then £30 goes nowhere !.

I have had locking wheel nuts on ever car I have had normally they come as standard I will probably be getting them anyway I was just wondering do the scum bags still rob car wheels looks like they do

So the MG5 doesn't have them and nobody is likely to steal the wheels anyway so you're probably OK; from past experience with (Ford) locking wheel nuts, they aren't worth it when you discover you can't get the wheel off without drilling the bolt out after recovering it to a dealer, rather than changing the wheel for the spare in-situ.

FYI, the MG5 doesn't come with a spare either - an £250 add-on; spend your cash it on that rather than the locking bolts.

Just double check with the seller, but these L.W.B. bolts DO fit the ZS EV model.
My guess is that the MG5 wheel bolts are the same as fits the ZS EV.
But, these bolts are about 50% cheaper than the main dealer prices on a like for like basis.
Just shoot off an e.mail to the seller to be 100% certain of their fitment prior to making a purchase.

Just double check with the seller, but these L.W.B. bolts DO fit the ZS EV model.
My guess is that the MG5 wheel bolts are the same as fits the ZS EV.
But, these bolts are about 50% cheaper than the main dealer prices on a like for like basis.
Just shoot off an e.mail to the seller to be 100% certain of their fitment prior to making a purchase.
Thanks buddy will check them out

Thanks buddy will check them out
Your very welcome !.
This is the very same place as where my my locking wheel bolts for the ZS EV where purchased from.
My guess is that the MG5 bolts are the same as the bolts used on the ZS EV etc.
I say this because the space saver is compatible across both models, so why would the matching wheel bolts be different ?.
But I would advise that you make a quick call to your local dealer, prior to ordering.
If the part number for the MG5 bolts matches the same as the ZS EV bolts, then you are sorted !.
This is the MG - OEM part number for the wheel bolts for the ZS & GS model's.
Part No:RRB000080E0
If this matches the same part number for the MG5 ( and I will be shocked if it is different ) then you know what to do !.
50% less expensive that the main dealer, for the very same product.
Enjoy !.

Your very welcome !.
This is the very same place as where my my locking wheel bolts for the ZS EV where purchased from.
My guess is that the MG5 bolts are the same as the bolts used on the ZS EV etc.
I say this because the space saver is compatible across both models, so why would the matching wheel bolts be different ?.
But I would advise that you make a quick call to your local dealer, prior to ordering.
If the part number for the MG5 bolts matches the same as the ZS EV bolts, then you are sorted !.
This is the MG - OEM part number for the wheel bolts for the ZS & GS model's.
Part No:RRB000080E0
If this matches the same part number for the MG5 ( and I will be shocked if it is different ) then you know what to do !.
50% less expensive that the main dealer, for the very same product.
Enjoy !.
The MG website says the MG5 locking wheel nut part number is RRB000080E0

It looks like a match.

1614908667562.png

Locking bolts are more of a problem than they are worth. With virtually every car coming with alloys these days, there is no market for stolen alloys. I hear of many more owners having problems removing the locking bolts than having wheels stolen.

There may be 'no market' for s/hand alloys ....but that dosen't stop some 'Pond Life' from having a go! Just after Christmas, my mate found his car up on bricks and his wheels and Cat-converter missing. They smashed a window for good measure..:mad:

It wasn't a valuable car...but it was his only transport.

Link will be helpful - please
Here 'tis:

Spare wheels have been discussed on another thread here. I believe the Golf MK5 spare will fit the MG5 and one can be had for about thirty quid off eBay but, as always, DYOR
Hi Fluffykins - does that also mean the Golf Mk 5 spare will fit the ZS EV as well?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom