London CG, ULEZ, LEZ advice please

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I'm planning a trip in June which involves staying a few days staying in the Chessington area.
I have checked the tfl ? website and the Premier Inn I will be staying at is in the LEZ zone but not the others.

Do I have to register to avoid the payments or what ! The website recognises my car reg. for what it is but the website does not make things entirely clear to me.

Any help or advice gratefully accepted from those in the know about such things.

If you have a BEV cameras will detect this from number plate recognition so you will not be charged ULEZ. BUT if you venture into the congestion charge zone you will have to pay it unless you register in advance for an exemption. This is a £10 annual fee and allows you to drive inside the congestion charge zone for free.

Enjoy the trip.

If you have a BEV cameras will detect this from number plate recognition so you will not be charged ULEZ. BUT if you venture into the congestion charge zone you will have to pay it unless you register in advance for an exemption. This is a £10 annual fee and allows you to drive inside the congestion charge zone for free.

Enjoy the trip.
That is superb, simple and clear, thank you.

(I'm assuming that since LEZ is a step lower than ULEZ that the same will apply.)

I have no intention of driving any deeper into the urban jungle of London than I have to :)

That is superb, simple and clear, thank you.

(I'm assuming that since LEZ is a step lower than ULEZ that the same will apply.)

I have no intention of driving any deeper into the urban jungle of London than I have to :)
Unless you go inside the central London Congestion charge zone, the car is exempt from all emission charges because you have no emissions!

Unless you go inside the central London Congestion charge zone, the car is exempt from all emission charges because you have no emissions!
Thank you.
It was whether or not I needed to register that I was unsure about.
Since I won't be going anywhere near the congestion zone I hope, then having to do nothing works for me.

The LEZ is for hgvs/coaches/busses and pre-dates ULEZ. Which is why it will be somewhat easy for them to expand to the M25. As the owner of a BEV the only one of concern is the congestion charge that has an exemption for EVs, but that will end at some point in the future (I assume by 2030 if it gets extended past 2025)

Hi - looking to be in central London in February next year (Olympic Park area). Q: do I need to apply for exemption for the Congestion charge or do I just drive and forget? Q: For the ULEZ exemption, I believe I need to actually apply and renew each year, correct? Not going until Feb next year but wonder if any 'Londoners' know if the £10 registration for ULEZ is likely to go up this year? Cheers m'dears.

Hi - looking to be in central London in February next year (Olympic Park area). Q: do I need to apply for exemption for the Congestion charge or do I just drive and forget? Q: For the ULEZ exemption, I believe I need to actually apply and renew each year, correct? Not going until Feb next year but wonder if any 'Londoners' know if the £10 registration for ULEZ is likely to go up this year? Cheers m'dears.
You must register your vehicle, £10, for a yearly exemption to the congestion charge. The ulez does not need any fee, the cameras will work it out. As the congestion charge area is quite small and covers only the central area, You can avoid going there quite easily. Indeed its quite hard to hit it if you are from out of town. The so called 'ring road' forms the border and is outside. Where will you be coming from?

Ah, so pay for registration for congestion but not ULEZ, thanks. Coming down from Yorkshire so will be A1 and prob M11. After Olympic Park we’ll be then heading down to Sutton in Surrey before returning.

Ah, so pay for registration for congestion but not ULEZ, thanks. Coming down from Yorkshire so will be A1 and prob M11. After Olympic Park we’ll be then heading down to Sutton in Surrey before returning.
No need to worry about congestion charge. You don't need to go through it.
Word of warning, don't attempt to charge at BPpulse site in OP, its £40 to park!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom