London Power Flexible plan

Tigger

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My fixed price plan with London Power ends in June, and they have emailed me saying I am moving to their London Flexible Plan. I have emailed them asking what the cost per unit for day and night units is, but they haven't replied. :(

Is anyone on this plan - in which case can you tell me what the rates actually are? I usually charge at night, so that rate is of particular interest. And what does 'flexible'mean - do the rates change?

Edit: I don't have a Smart meter - just Economy 7.

Flex plans means they can change the rates both up and down, but as the prices are falling at the moment it means you won't be stuck with an expensive tariff. You also aren't stuck with a contract so can usually change supplier without any penalties.

Can you log into your account on-line and does that give you any clue what the rates are?

My fixed price plan with London Power ends in June, and they have emailed me saying I am moving to their London Flexible Plan. I have emailed them asking what the cost per unit for day and night units is, but they haven't replied. :(

Is anyone on this plan - in which case can you tell me what the rates actually are? I usually charge at night, so that rate is of particular interest. And what does 'flexible'mean - do the rates change?

They seem to hide their unit rates well

I wouldn't be blindly giving them my money if they don't respond to your query within 2 working days.

The wholesale cost has been falling for a while now, and from July the consumer price cap is falling by around 18% so bills should drop in line with that. Edit: For anyone who has been on a non fixed Tariff.

I'd consider changing supplier, purely based on your current suppliers lack of transparency.

If you can, I'd be looking at Octopus, one of the best IMO.

At the end of a fixed plan you are usually automatically moved to the Standard Variable Rate (SVR) although each supplier may call it by another name, e.g. Octopus call theirs 'Flexible Octopus'

This one?​

Flexible Octopus November 2022 v1​

Eco 7 Electricity​

• Reduced day unit rate (Energy Price Guarantee discount):44.44 p/kWh
  • Reduced night unit rate (Energy Price Guarantee discount):16.34 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:48.05 p/day

Electricity​

• Reduced unit rate (Energy Price Guarantee discount):33.52 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:47.95 p/day

Gas​

• Reduced unit rate (Energy Price Guarantee discount):10.41 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:27.47 p/day