Long Range Affinity Price

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just had a chat with David from the Frasers of Falkirk Dealership.

He said the Long Range MG5 will cost very close to £24,500 on the affinity scheme. So approx £2k more than the current model.

Can anybody confirm this please?

Extra 35 miles of range, stronger roof bars, and MG Pilot for £2k more. It seems a reasonable price increase to me.

That seems to be the case. And if you approach a dealer who says 'no', just try another dealer.

Hi,
my sisteri in law is a nurse and my wife is a TA in a school would I get it based on that and can you get it with 0% finance?

I have to say £2k for what you've listed seem expensive to me! If it added more than 35 miles of range then maybe, but to my mind that's a lot of cash for not a lot of extras.

He said the Long Range MG5 will cost very close to £24,500 on the affinity scheme. So approx £2k more than the current model.

Extra 35 miles of range, stronger roof bars, and MG Pilot for £2k more. It seems a reasonable price increase to me.
Looks like the Affinity Scheme percentage for the MG5 Long Range is 14% rather than 17% for the standard/current model.

Although - it's David I was speaking to too :)

Hi,
my sisteri in law is a nurse and my wife is a TA in a school would I get it based on that and can you get it with 0% finance?
Yes they would be eligible for affinity scheme, but you cannot have affinity on 0% finance, it’s 4.9%, but still works out cheaper on total price paid.

Any indication if the roof rails look different with the increased capacity?

I’m guessing the MG Pilot sensors will look similar to those in the MG ZS too.

Reading through the manual that looks to be related to the 61.1kW model - I don't find any reference to there being Blind Spot Detection or Rear Cross Traffic Alert so doubt the MG5 gets these compared to the ZS.

Decent set of pictures on AutoExpress - as expected, front radar and camera looks like the changes - and blue buttons on cruise control stalks? Hard to tell, but roof bars look similar (if not the same) despite additional load capacity

Last edited:

Yes I can confirm. I just ordered MG5 EV Exclusive Long range for £24557.

Changing from a 6 year old 30 kWh Nissan Leaf that cost more than that all those years ago, I won't deny it, I am very pleased with the changes in £/kWh delivered by MG.

Roll on September 1st 8)

Last edited:

I'm assuming this is the Exclusive model? It's about £4k more than the affinity price for the (non-long range) Excite we have ordered from Fraser's. I wonder how much the long range Excite is? Hope we won't regret not getting it!

I'm assuming this is the Exclusive model? It's about £4k more than the affinity price for the (non-long range) Excite we have ordered from Fraser's. I wonder how much the long range Excite is? Hope we won't regret not getting it!
Just from (roughly) working the figures

List Price (Excite Long Range) : £28,995
Plug-in Car Grant Discount : -£2,500
14% Affinity Discount (17% on Standard Range) : -£4,059.30
On Road Price : £22,435.70

So - roughly the same as the MG5 Exclusive Standard Range?

Reading through the manual that looks to be related to the 61.1kW model - I don't find any reference to there being Blind Spot Detection or Rear Cross Traffic Alert so doubt the MG5 gets these compared to the ZS.

Decent set of pictures on AutoExpress - as expected, front radar and camera looks like the changes - and blue buttons on cruise control stalks? Hard to tell, but roof bars look similar (if not the same) despite additional load capacity
Hi Buffo. The roof bars are currently the same as the 52.5kw model. When they were trying to get the roof bars type approved the first time with the paper work issue they had they managed to only get 35kg to get them pushed through to get past this ‘decretive issue’. As MG have had the time to ensure the right paper work was put through the 61.1kw model roof bars are the same but have been type approved for 75kg now. 😁👍

Just from (roughly) working the figures

List Price (Excite Long Range) : £28,995
Plug-in Car Grant Discount : -£2,500
14% Affinity Discount (17% on Standard Range) : -£4,059.30
On Road Price : £22,435.70

So - roughly the same as the MG5 Exclusive Standard Range?
Not far off dude 😁 £22699 for the Excite long range.

Hi Buffo. The roof bars are currently the same as the 52.5kw model. When they were trying to get the roof bars type approved the first time with the paper work issue they had they managed to only get 35kg to get them pushed through to get past this ‘decretive issue’. As MG have had the time to ensure the right paper work was put through the 61.1kw model roof bars are the same but have been type approved for 75kg now. 😁👍
Really?
If there’s no difference then surely the 52.5kWh model’s can be retrospectively upgraded too. Anyone fancy a second manual insert?!
I have to say the flex on them makes me doubtful they could hold so much…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom