Longest motorway stint in the MG5LR?

I begin to think that for a French trip I would bite the bullet and use mainly Ionity to remove charge issue anxieties (Not read of MG/Ionity problems).With three or four in the car the economics of cost becomes immaterial.
They have been rock solid to be fair, and very fast. The subscription was a game changer, you'd just need someone with a Kia or Hyundai to set up an account 👍🏼

They have been rock solid to be fair, and very fast. The subscription was a game changer, you'd just need someone with a Kia or Hyundai to set up an account

I begin to think that for a French trip I would bite the bullet and use mainly Ionity to remove charge issue anxieties (Not read of MG/Ionity problems).With three or four in the car the economics of cost becomes immaterial.
I think you can buy a subscription, not as cheap as having a car related subs but still cheaper than full price.

Scroll down to Ionity Passport and pick a country for the charges.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-132550.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417-132550.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 81
Hi all,

We're heading off on our journey to Southern France tomorrow and I was just wondering what the longest single stint anyone has managed on the motorway? The reason I ask is that ABRP is planning Ionity MK, which is fine but has rubbish facilities for food and loos. I was trying to ascertain whether I'd make it to Beaconsfield instead - 201 miles. The last thing I want is to run out of charge before I even leave the country! I think it may be pushing a little but was interested in other people's experiences...

TIA
Watching this thread with interest, we travel to South West France regularly to the Charente 401 miles from Roscoff.
Looking to buy the face lift MG Long Range when it’s available.

If you want to save a few pennies just off the A1 Biggleswade has a Lidl rapid charger which is close to Baldock services if coming from the North.
Omega Centre Stratton Business Park, London Rd, Biggleswade SG18 8YX
You can only stay for a max of 90 Minuits or you will be fined £100.00

I absolutely agree. Take the stress out! Only thing I'd add though is that, as Ionity can charge per minute, do remember to stop the charge as soon as you have enough juice.. We were a bit blase about it and got stung a bit more than necessary - charging to 95% is not generally needed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom