Looking to buy a ZS EV 2019-21 model

Put toe in the EV water with a ZSEV Gen1 and loved it. Now have a ZS EV Gen 2 long range and love it even more. My 1000 miles a month mixed driving and 250 ish range means no range anxiety and home Octopus and now Solar charging makes it a no brainer. Watch Bjorn Nyland on YouTube reviewing MG4 and ZS EV.

Any advantages compared to chuck in an old android phone?
You don't have to keep taking it out of your pocket and plugging it into the USB port. Just switch the car on and it connects Android Auto on your phone to Android Auto in the car. Less wear and tear on the cable so fewer connection issues over time.

I mean (please correct me If I am wrong), it looks like it's an android box which is connected to android auto via cable, so pretty much the same effect as me using an old android phone and keeping it in the car all the time (hidden and out of sight).

I am perplexed about this bit as well (taken from their page)
---
Sometimes, you must have the urge to realize the following ideas:
  • Watching movies or TV shows via Netflix or YouTube while resting?
---
Afaik you cannot use netflix/youtube to watch videos via Android Auto (unless you root & run something to override this behaviour)

I've bought Gen1 about a month ago, so far so good (and I paid it much lower price compared to petrol kodiaq/sportage/tucson etc). Be ready for following:
  1. Chinese didn't apply any uv protection on the glass, so you are being cooked under the sun. Tinting is a must imho

Even clear glass blocks almost all UVB & 25% UVA.

Tinted glass still allows 60-70% transmission of UVA.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry, but I am not following your train of thought. All car manufacturers put some tinting on the glass to reduce the internal heat and stress for the customers, MG does not. As a result during the hot sunny days combination of this factor and black leather means that you are literally boiling. Ask anyone who tinted their ZS and they will tell you that it brought a massive improvement for the comfort.

Sorry, but I am not following your train of thought. All car manufacturers put some tinting on the glass to reduce the internal heat and stress for the customers, MG does not. As a result during the hot sunny days combination of this factor and black leather means that you are literally boiling. Ask anyone who tinted their ZS and they will tell you that it brought a massive improvement for the comfort.
You originally mentioned UV specifically.

I pointed out the reality of UV & transmission through glass.

Simples.

You now introduce heat 🤷🏻‍♂️ not usually an issue in UK 👍.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom