Loss of brakes

Aussi55

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone,

Driving home this afternoon, nearly there when a few error messages popped up about hill descent control etc. Thought it strange, pulled up at the house and realised the brakes were really poor, wooden brake pedal and despite pushing really hard almost no stopping power.

Pulled carefully on to drive then a red message saying vehicle control fault.

Personally I don't think that's safe, the brakes were affected by something and it didn't clearly warn you. Fortunately I was driving slowly on a quiet road.

The AA came out and decided to tow it to the local dealer as they felt it was a safety issue that needed proper investigation. When he moved the car to get it in position for towing he commented on how poor the brakes were, glad it wasn't just me having a moment!

I couldn't hear the vacuum pump so suspect that has failed or the power supply. Dealer will call me when they have an update.

Having now had time to think about it I'd appreciate some advice on how to ensure this doesn't happen again, we have two of these cars and I'm not happy this occurred. I accept things can go wrong but would expect the relevant warning in a timely fashion.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_122339888.jpg
    IMG_20230324_122339888.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back