Loss of range after service

JACL

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, just had a service this week, battery range now 109 instead of 160ish - anyone else had this problem and know the fix?

Hi, just had a service this week, battery range now 109 instead of 160ish - anyone else had this problem and know the fix?
We’ve charged at home and on fast charge in past 48 hrs and after the updates done at the service we’ve lost about 1/3 range - on a 50KW charge for an hour we too 25KW on board and again max range 109.

we’ve had one BMS update applied last Tuesday during the service the second is still to be done, and they said w3 could br8n* the car in for the last 30 min update (I am assuming it’s the second BMS) and we zeroed the trip - we just can get a range beyond 109 and pre updates we were getting between 157/160. Thanks

we’ve had one BMS update applied last Tuesday during the service the second is still to be done, and they said w3 could br8n* the car in for the last 30 min update (I am assuming it’s the second BMS) and we zeroed the trip - we just can get a range beyond 109 and pre updates we were getting between 157/160. Thanks
might need a few balance charges to get the range back

Sometimes after a service the trip log is reset to zero which means the car is starting from scratch again and has no previous data to make a prediction of range. It should creep up as you make more journeys.

That sounds strange, if you've reset the trips(do both).

Do you know what BMS you had prior to "last Tuesday" when they said that they updated it? and what version you have installed now?
If you don't know the above, do you know what voltage you read at full charge before the update and now?

I doubt it's another BMS update they want to do, if they've updated it then they'll have put the latest one on it. It's probably some other ECU update(s).
What date was your car registered & has it had any updates done prior to last Tuesday? Had you already got the comfort update (is the GOM shown permanently on your dash bottom left)?

Pretty much always charging to 100% & resetting the trips should result in around 160ish shown in N3.

BTW did they record what your SOH was on the service sheet?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom