Love this car even more now!

Love all that has been written in this thread and it is great when in normal,eco or sports mode and left those ice BM's and other fancy cars and they then see the ev or green strip on the plates as they are left behind you šŸ˜Š or when you stay behind them they wonder why šŸ¤£

There is a really crazy women where I live who once a week collects her daughter from the local station. She parks on the yellow box & double yellow lines outside the station and waits, 10-15 minutes blocking the road to all traffic.

If anyone dares beep her to move she goes crazy and as her daughter is always last out, this happens every time. As she has a large 4x4 she uses it as a weapon. Reversing lights to threaten you, sudden braking trying to cause an accident etc

Last night was unfortunately my turn again. I had the misfortune to be the one behind her. I'd never seen her on the later train before so didn't expect her there. As a queue of 5 cars were beeping away she went into angry mode. First reversing at me, then sudden braking. As we pulled out onto the main road she accelerated then slammed on her brakes.

Naturally I floored it to pass her, so she floored it too and swerved onto the wrong side of the road to ram me. Luckily for me & unluckily for her the MG5 was well ahead of her so she missed. Frustratingly my dashcam failed to record. Grr.

It used to be men that did this but apparently equality has arrived with aggressive driving too!

I'll make sure the dashcam works next time, the SD card was full.

@EVsince2016

That is a real horror story! Yes, the very worst aspects of gender equality seems to be somewhat prevalent now.

This certainly sounds to be the exact situation that the footage from your dashcam would be invaluable to your local police force!

As for the SD card being full, do you not have the option, in the settings of the camera, to "Loop Record", or similar? This simply means that, as the card becomes "full" the "earliest" files are overwritten by the latest ones. Depending on the capacity of the card and how much use the car gets, you could find that several days recording is possible before any overwriting of older files occurs.

@EVsince2016

That is a real horror story! Yes, the very worst aspects of gender equality seems to be somewhat prevalent now.

This certainly sounds to be the exact situation that the footage from your dashcam would be invaluable to your local police force!

As for the SD card being full, do you not have the option, in the settings of the camera, to "Loop Record", or similar? This simply means that, as the card becomes "full" the "earliest" files are overwritten by the latest ones. Depending on the capacity of the card and how much use the car gets, you could find that several days recording is possible before any overwriting of older files occurs.
It has loop record but for some reason it decides to stop doing that every so often. Was able to watch myself driving in Portugal though! Just not the 1000 miles since :oops:

It has loop record but for some reason it decides to stop doing that every so often. Was able to watch myself driving in Portugal though! Just not the 1000 miles since :oops:
Have you tried formatting the card (in the camera), having made sure that there is nothing that you need to save first?? :eek:

I find I need to reformat my SD card every few months or so or the camera starts throwing Wobblies.

I've found all dashcams throw a wobbly every so often, loop errors, failed SD cards etc. I should check more often but my excuse was that the USB cable didn't work so I found another to check

DK1083, wait until you try the standard 4 then. Goodness know what the Carlos Fandango twin motor 4 is going to feel like?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom