Low milage range on 100% charge

drewait

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, I have an MG5 estate 2022 model I am using a My Energi Zappi home smart charger, I have gradually been getting a lower range charge & have put this down to the cooler temperatures.
In the summer, on a full charge, I was getting about 220 miles at 100% this has gradually reduced over the past few months. I charged last night & I only have a 152-mile range on 100%, this seems like a big reduction in range
Is this normal?
Can I change something to improve the mileage range?
Any other suggestions greatly appreciated

The GOM makes calculations using your previous journeys.
Reset your trip counters, turn off AC and fan turn on into ready mode and flick into ECO.
That should give you a better figure.
I was getting 4.3m/kWh but that has dropped to under 4 now and last winter sat at about 3.4m/kWh.

Before you reset, let us know what your average miles/kWh reading is.

The GOM makes calculations using your previous journeys.
Reset your trip counters, turn off AC and fan turn on into ready mode and flick into ECO.
That should give you a better figure.
I was getting 4.3m/kWh but that has dropped to under 4 now and last winter sat at about 3.4m/kWh.
Awesome thanks for that its now at 247on eco or 236 on normal mode, My past recent journeys had been motorway trips

Obviously be aware that while the GOM figure is higher after a rest, it makes no difference to the actual range you will achieve. Really you should ignore the GOM and try to understand how the battery depletes in different circumstances.

In my MG5 SR it's typically 2 miles per 1% while temperatures are above 10 degrees. However, driving at 70mph into a headwind in the cold and wet could be as bad as 1 mile per 1%. Conversely, if I follow a van on a B road at 40mph in good conditions I can achieve 3 miles per 1%.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom