Low mileage service

admiralross2400

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary and want to book my service. Looked on the Macklin Motors page (my nearest dealer) and they only seem to have the normal one at £225.
Does anyone know how to book the low mileage one and how much it should cost? I want to make sure my AA membership is renewed 🙂

Hey. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary and want to book my service. Looked on the Macklin Motors page (my nearest dealer) and they only seem to have the normal one at £225.
Does anyone know how to book the low mileage one and how much it should cost? I want to make sure my AA membership is renewed 🙂
About your AA renewal. Ours came with the AA Service from Stoneacre MG, but reading the small print it is the basic membership with "no" Home Start. We continue to renew our membership from the previous vehicle costing us £99 a year with a change of vehicle notice. Discounted for being a loyal customer. As for the service, not reached that stage yet (4,000 miles in 4 months of ownership).

Aren't their T&Cs different for EVs even on an ordinary policy? They must have a different process for "run out of fuel", maybe they don't cover Home Start at all with EVs?

I just had a low mileage service and paid £33.60. The dealer I bought from wanted £140 for first service and didn’t offer any low mileage option, so I called the next nearest and booked in. I got another years AA cover too.

About your AA renewal. Ours came with the AA Service from Stoneacre MG, but reading the small print it is the basic membership with "no" Home Start. We continue to renew our membership from the previous vehicle costing us £99 a year with a change of vehicle notice. Discounted for being a loyal customer. As for the service, not reached that stage yet (4,000 miles in 4 months of ownership).
The cover is not basic, it is full. It is however poorly named.

From the information....

This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover). It’s a really comprehensive package to offer you reassurance and peace of mind.

16k miles, 1 year, quoted £94 at Lincoln Warner MG, £102 from NT Shaw at Louth. Went for latter as that's where bought it and nearer.

Next question - Macklin Motors says there's no such thing as a low mileage service (at all never mind with just them). Anyone here from near Edinburgh and know somewhere that would work? I don't particularly want to go to Falkirk for the service and that's the next nearest MG shop.

Next question - Macklin Motors says there's no such thing as a low mileage service (at all never mind with just them). Anyone here from near Edinburgh and know somewhere that would work? I don't particularly want to go to Falkirk for the service and that's the next nearest MG shop.
Suggest that they educate themselves by consulting the website of a proper MG dealer!
or even take a peek at the MG.co.uk website.

1666683221728.png

If the mileage is lower than 15,000 for the year, you go by the yearly interval. If you reach 15,000 miles before the year is out, then you go by the mileage and not the year.
I seem to have been reading that Australia has 2 yearly service intervals, is this correct? If so (I have a ZS) why the difference?

My MG5 is approaching 15K. Does this mean I’m due a service? Looking at that graph nothing is due?
According to the picture, there is no need to change the pollen filter, brake fluid or coolant. A service comprises of more (but not a lot) than just those items.

It's mainly just physically checking stuff. Just had a quick look at the check sheet from my first (LM) service and the stuff covered included:
  • Checking for Recalls, Service Actions and Software Updates.
  • Washers/Wipers/Lamps/Horns and Warning Indicators
  • Parking Brake
  • 12V Battery Condition & Connections
  • Fluid Levels (Brake/Coolant/Washer)
  • Cooling System Caps, Hoses & Connections
  • HV Cable Harness
  • HV Master Safety Device
  • HV Battery Ground
  • Tyre Tread Depth and Pressures
  • Corrosion/Cosmetic Inspection

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video