Maintain Vehicle Soon - after 847 miles

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I drive a Trophy Connect I got in mid-December. So far it has spent about 15 days in the garage and a further 'probably 2 weeks' has been booked in from mid-February. That's to give MG the time to source/deliver a suspect part. I knew that as an early adoptor I had to be ready for teething problems but I'm not seeing other drivers reporting these faults so I wonder if I have bought a classic - an MG Friday car.
My core problem is that the infotainment screen will not display the Q code to allow ismart to bind to the car and the route maps cannot accessed. All seemingly because the car is not authenticated. I have seen several pages of records of the garage's interactions with MG and there have been several software re-installs. The planned February work will involve installing a new infotainment screen. If that doesn't work a part that sits behind the screen - it may be called an RBM - will be sent off to MG for reprogramming.
So far we have driven 847 miles. Apart for the fact I have not got what I paid for I can manage round the sat nav problems thanks to Android Auto which will conect with the vehicle infotainment system. But it is annoying. Who knows if the new Maintain Vehicle Soon message is a new problem or a manifestation of the ongoing problem. At least I have got the car booked in soon for work.
My only other problem is my wife likes driving the car too much.

I’ve got the Maintain Vehicle Soon message - started about 800ish miles - now on about 1,600 miles. Additionally I had to accept several agreements and a certificate to get the sat nav etc to work - but these were all prompted on the various screens.

It'll be interesting to see whether anyone else with a Connect model has this message, especially once there are a few more cars delivered and in use.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom