Making hands free phone calls

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
5 Trophy - can you make bluetooth hands free phone calls via the "phone" button on the steering wheel? The owners manual is next to useless in explaining this and many other things lol.

3b244dc84f1b4b0da89ae52f944ccb57.jpg

If it is like the my SR then you need the phone connected via usb the use the hands free button.

5 Trophy - can you make bluetooth hands free phone calls via the "phone" button on the steering wheel? The owners manual is next to useless in explaining this and many other things lol.

3b244dc84f1b4b0da89ae52f944ccb57.jpg
I've not found ant way to do it yet, only via android auto.

The Bluetooth connection is pretty useless.

Thanks for the replies. I hate any wired device but if that's the only way, so be it. What a faff and a waste of bluetooth technology, thanks MG :mad:.
FWIW, I did manage to end a call today with the button :p.

Thanks for the replies. I hate any wired device but if that's the only way, so be it. What a faff and a waste of bluetooth technology, thanks MG :mad:.
FWIW, I did manage to end a call today with the button :p.
It's like going back over 20 years, I bought a new Saab in 2003 that would allow you to make handsfree voice calls and receive texts over Bluetooth. I can't believe you can't do either on the MG5 unless plugged into Android Auto.

Before I got AA Wireless because Android Auto wouldn't work for me, I certainly received calls over Bluetooth/hands free. I never attempted to make one though as there wasn't anyone I needed to call whilst in the car.

Before I got AA Wireless because Android Auto wouldn't work for me, I certainly received calls over Bluetooth/hands free. I never attempted to make one though as there wasn't anyone I needed to call whilst in the car.

Not to mention once you're on a Bluetooth call you can't get out of the screen, so can't use sat nav or see what's going on with your heater controls. The facelift is different, so I'm hoping it doesn't have that issue!

You can receive called and answer using the steering wheel button but you can't make calls unless you go into the touch screen - so not hands free.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom