Making Phone calls

Coady

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Having been able to receive and make calls remotely by steering wheel controls on my previous ICE, am I correct in thinking you cannot make remote calls on MG5, only receive this way?

Having been able to receive and make calls remotely by steering wheel controls on my previous ICE, am I correct in thinking you cannot make remote calls on MG5, only receive this way?
No, you can make calls from the MG5, either via Bluetooth or Android Auto with everything hands free apart from the controls on the steering wheel!

No, you can make calls from the MG5, either via Bluetooth or Android Auto with everything hands free apart from the controls on the steering wheel!
Last car, press phone on wheel and say"call ......... " and it worked. Forgetting Android Auto you can't do that on MG5 can you?

I've not tried this out yet. There's a section in the Navigation System manual about Bluetooth control though I think you might need to instigate a call from the infotainment screen or address book

Anyone else feel the Bluetooth/ handsfree phonecall volume in the 5 LR is pretty quite even on max volume?
Noticed radio and media is plenty loud enough but as soon as a call comes in its a lot quieter even with volume maxed out.

Anyone else feel the Bluetooth/ handsfree phonecall volume in the 5 LR is pretty quite even on max volume?
Noticed radio and media is plenty loud enough but as soon as a call comes in its a lot quieter even with volume maxed out.
Quite quiet then. ;)
Is the phone's volume turned up ?

I find that phone calls and playing music by Bluetooth/CarPlay are significantly quieter than the radio, and I have checked the phone volume before getting in the car. Then scares the hell out of me when I next get in and I haven’t turned the volume back down 😂😢

You need to check the volume after you've connected to the car.

Frequently Bluetooth has a built in volume limiter for headphone use, with a warning about playing higher volumes damaging your hearing, you can then increase past this soft limit. The media playback volume slider is unlinked to the Bluetooth/cabled volume settings, at least on Android.

Check the volume on your actual phone while on a call. Phones will often have separate volumes for media and calls, and then separate again for bluetooth. So if you turn it up while not on a call, you will probably be adjusting the media volume.

I've just heard that the bloke who invented predictive text has pissed away. His funfair is next monkey.
PMSL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom