• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Manual Control of the Power Seats

jhunterwu

Established Member
Reaction score
This slow power seat is driving me insane.

I constantly move the seat all the way back when I eat in my car and this power seat takes forever (look at my expression when moving the power seat taking forever)

What options do I have?;)

Can I manually control it? Is there a way?

Can I maybe move the manual control handle from the passenger seat?

Would I need to buy a new seat?

Set the car ablaze?

As far as i am aware there is no way of manually adjusting the seat and it seems a bit extreme to buy another seat .as for set the car ablaze i think this is the wrong forum ,you need 'arsonists weekly' available at all good newsagents.

Never thought or wanted to do it ,but possibly the driver and passenger seats could be swapped .sounds like a big job.

It would be nice to have memory on the seat .then you could eat your last chip while the seat was returning to its memorised position.personaly i like any electric gadgets .i remember windy windows

This slow power seat is driving me insane.

I constantly move the seat all the way back when I eat in my car and this power seat takes forever (look at my expression when moving the power seat taking forever)

What options do I have?;)

Can I manually control it? Is there a way?

Can I maybe move the manual control handle from the passenger seat?

Would I need to buy a new seat?

Set the car ablaze?
”Forever” - probably 10 seconds or so, you could whistle a tittle tune perhaps?
First world problems eh 😀

Ive had memory seats in lots of cars and these seem similar speed to any others .the best one went all the way back when you exited the car and went to position when you entered .2 settings one for my wife and one for me .it knew which key fob was used .it also set interior mirror,headrest and favourite radio stations for each of us ,but it wasn't in this price range when new. You get what you pay for

Ps that car was previously loved or pre owned or lets face it second hand and cost half what i paid for the zs.it broke down at every corner and spent more time on the back of a recovery truck than on the road ,my mpg was exellent .BUT the seats never faulted like i said you get what you pay for

Ive had memory seats in lots of cars and these seem similar speed to any others .the best one went all the way back when you exited the car and went to position when you entered .2 settings one for my wife and one for me .it knew which key fob was used .it also set interior mirror,headrest and favourite radio stations for each of us ,but it wasn't in this price range when new. You get what you pay for
I had the same in a Peugeot 406 3ltr V6 an age ago, it was luvverly, adjusted the door mirrors too.

It would be nice to have memory on the seat .then you could eat your last chip while the seat was returning to its memorised position.personaly i like any electric gadgets .i remember windy windows
Yeah, that sentence says it all;) "Eat your last chip while the seat is returning to its memorized position";)

I've actually had an Ioniq these last few weeks and it had exactly that;)

My marvel R has a setting to remember seat position with different keys... but I have only got it to work one time :D There are no instructions anywhere!?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom