• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Marvel R electrical issues

MarvelDriver

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hi everybody!
I own Marvel R (Roewe, not MG) for few months. Couldn’t find any other platform to ask as the car is from China and there is almost no any sources you can find a support.
So the issue is few weeks ago the wireless charger and usb ports of rear passenger failed to work(( and few days ago I had noticed that cabin heater isn’t working as well, only fans are working and blowing the air without heating. And Bose speakers seems to work only on drivers side.
It seems like there is some bug, tried to disconnect 12v battery’s negative cable but didn’t work(

Any thoughts on the above issues and how it can be solved? Thank you in advance to everybody!

Hi everybody!
I own Marvel R (Roewe, not MG) for few months. Couldn’t find any other platform to ask as the car is from China and there is almost no any sources you can find a support.
So the issue is few weeks ago the wireless charger and usb ports of rear passenger failed to work(( and few days ago I had noticed that cabin heater isn’t working as well, only fans are working and blowing the air without heating. And Bose speakers seems to work only on drivers side.
It seems like there is some bug, tried to disconnect 12v battery’s negative cable but didn’t work(

Any thoughts on the above issues and how it can be solved? Thank you in advance to everybody!

I drive a MG Marvel R (not Roewe) and I had the same issue with the speaker; it worked fine for about a year and then only worked on the driver's side, but I did not have any of the other issues you described. The dealership fixed the issue. It took them 12 hours to troubleshoot. In the end it was an issue with the ground/earth cabling they told me, the schematics from MG were wrong they said. Sadly I do not have more information than that :( I hope it can point you at least into the correct direction

Hi!
I don't have that experience (yet). Another issue. I have a MG Marvel R and suddenly the front drivers door couldn't be opened, not from inside and not from outside. The car is now at my workshop and thanks to MG Road Assistance I havre a rental car. But I don't know when my car will be fixed. I live in Sweden and we have had minus degrees in the nights for a long time. They say that is the problem. Anyone else with this issues? Is the problem "made in China?"

Hi!
I don't have that experience (yet). Another issue. I have a MG Marvel R and suddenly the front drivers door couldn't be opened, not from inside and not from outside. The car is now at my workshop and thanks to MG Road Assistance I havre a rental car. But I don't know when my car will be fixed. I live in Sweden and we have had minus degrees in the nights for a long time. They say that is the problem. Anyone else with this issues? Is the problem "made in China?"
Hello OlaNora. I had exact same issue in sweden with my Marvel R Performance (4 times). Had to climb out via passenger door. I was told that this is an failure in door lock mechanism, not weather issues due to minus degrees.
The car was in workshop (Holmgrens bil Nyköping), since then i havent experienced any issues yet. (Hoppas på det bästa)

I drive a MG Marvel R (not Roewe) and I had the same issue with the speaker; it worked fine for about a year and then only worked on the driver's side, but I did not have any of the other issues you described. The dealership fixed the issue. It took them 12 hours to troubleshoot. In the end it was an issue with the ground/earth cabling they told me, the schematics from MG were wrong they said. Sadly I do not have more information than that :( I hope it can point you at least into the correct direction
Thank you for the response.
Problem with the cabin heater solved. Actually that was not a problem)) when the weather was warm I have deselected A/C button so as I could get ambient temperature air and that was the issue. In order to use the cabin heater the A/C should be selected ON!
Still haven't found the reason for the wireless charger and rear passengers row USB chargers((
One of the thoughts is fuse, went to the service and did the computer scan, nothing found.

Hi!
Hi, last winter in our region was quite cold. Temperature dropped down to -25 C during night and during day didn't rise above -10C. And such conditions last almost for 3 weeks, during which I was really worry about door handles. But fortunately I didn't have any issues apart from one rear door handle was not popping out due to frost covering the handle (still you could open the door from inside) And it happened 2-3 times.

Hello OlaNora. I had exact same issue in sweden with my Marvel R Performance (4 times). Had to climb out via passenger door. I was told that this is an failure in door lock mechanism, not weather issues due to minus degrees.
The car was in workshop (Holmgrens bil Nyköping), since then i havent experienced any issues yet. (Hoppas på det bästa)
Hello, today I experienced the same problem with my MG Marvel R Luxury, which is about one year old. My wife had to climb out via the passenger door. We went tot the MG workshop and they told it the first time they experiences this with an MG. When the mechanic tried tot open the door, the damned thing worked fine as never before. Anyway tot be sure, they Will order a new locking device and install it when available. By the way, we live in Belgium, and are not having the extreme cold winters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom