Marvel X is dead....replaced with the Marvel R?

2of3

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Looks like they have the Marvel R in the showrooms in Asia now here is a video presentation:

I'm left with a few questions:
1. is the Marvel X scrapped in favor of the R?
2. Will there be an MG branded version of this car?
3. If, so will it ever arrive in Europe?
4. Is it going to be affordable?

In order to be the "Tesla killer" it's been rumored to be, they will need to not match the Tesla X/Y in price, but beat them in price. Otherwise it's in no way a threat to Tesla. Many of us chose MG predominantly because of it's price tag/value for money. MG did a really smart move by delivering a good product with a ton of features while also blowing the competition out of the water in pricing! I was looking at 3 year old used petrol/diesel cars at the same price when the MG was launched here in Norway so it was a no brainer for me.

I hope that MG doesn't try to make themselves so "premium" that they price themselves out of the market!

Looks like they have the Marvel R in the showrooms in Asia now here is a video presentation:

In order to be the "Tesla killer" it's been rumored to be, they will need to not match the Tesla X/Y in price, but beat them in price. Otherwise it's in no way a threat to Tesla. Many of us chose MG predominantly because of it's price tag/value for money. MG did a really smart move by delivering a good product with a ton of features while also blowing the competition out of the water in pricing! I was looking at 3 year old used petrol/diesel cars at the same price when the MG was launched here in Norway so it was a no brainer for me.

I hope that MG doesn't try to make themselves so "premium" that they price themselves out of the market!

I like it..

That sloped infotainment screen is in a unique position. Don’t remember seeing a screen placed in a position like that in any other car.

It's been spotted in Europe being charged and tested. I would assume either very late this year or next year it'll be an MG in Europe.

I like it !.
The info screen looks like it takes up a fair bit of space though ?.
I noticed it had tinted glass as standard which is nice 👍

Last edited:
I like it in silver as well. If the ZS EV had been offered in silver, I would have chosen that. The Black I have REALLY show off dirt and salt! Funny that the HS hybrid is offered in silver as well.....

According to the official intro video of the Marvel R, that is the one coming to Europe. The big secret is.... When???

The new vehicle is available in standard and PRO versions, priced at RMB 219,800 ($33,990) and RMB 239,800 respectively after subsidies.

It's a bit unrealistically optimistic to expect it to get to the UK for the same price as in China.
What does the ZS EV sell for in China? The equivalent of £22k?

Elbil24, a Norwegian publication just announced that MG will be launching both the MG 5 and Marvel R in Norway this year!

I'd link to the article but
1. It's in Norwegian
2. You have to register to read the article

It's a bit unrealistically optimistic to expect it to get to the UK for the same price as in China.
What does the ZS EV sell for in China? The equivalent of £22k?

According to China EV price list the MG EV is 119,88 RMB which is £13,209.50 rounded up (choke,cough)

1615540143410.png

And the EI5
130 800 to 161 100 ¥ after incentives,which is £17782.255 for the 161,100 spec.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom