Marvel X is dead....replaced with the Marvel R?

While at Longbridge today, Director general, stated that Marvel R (& X) will NOT be coming to the UK.

How bizarre! That would sell like hot cakes
lets hope something better in the pipe line still under rap's;) read on line that they are suppose to be bringing 2 new EV to the uk this year only time will tell....

Looks like they have the Marvel R in the showrooms in Asia now here is a video presentation:

I'm left with a few questions:
1. is the Marvel X scrapped in favor of the R?
2. Will there be an MG branded version of this car?
3. If, so will it ever arrive in Europe?
4. Is it going to be affordable?

In order to be the "Tesla killer" it's been rumored to be, they will need to not match the Tesla X/Y in price, but beat them in price. Otherwise it's in no way a threat to Tesla. Many of us chose MG predominantly because of it's price tag/value for money. MG did a really smart move by delivering a good product with a ton of features while also blowing the competition out of the water in pricing! I was looking at 3 year old used petrol/diesel cars at the same price when the MG was launched here in Norway so it was a no brainer for me.

I hope that MG doesn't try to make themselves so "premium" that they price themselves out of the market!

I think the price of MG Marvel R will be close to the Ioniq 5 from Hyundai.

Elbil24, a Norwegian publication just announced that MG will be launching both the MG 5 and Marvel R in Norway this year!

I'd link to the article but
1. It's in Norwegian
2. You have to register to read the article
It is launched today. Delivery in May. Before Ioniq 5. Let us all hope it is the truth. To many lies from the other suppliers.

Well one better be the e-motion, or else its bye bye MG from me... I've waited years already!
read on one paper on line that e motion was been released this year.not sure why marvel R not coming to uk tho MG need to keep customers interested in their brand and e motion looks the part but i wouldn't put it in the volume bracket like the marvel R would be ..there are lots of other brand ev releases this year..

read on one paper on line that e motion was been released this year.not sure why marvel R not coming to uk tho MG need to keep customers interested in their brand and e motion looks the part but i wouldn't put it in the volume bracket like the marvel R would be ..there are lots of other brand ev releases this year..
Loads of new EV's coming, and not a single sports car yet :( (at none supercar money, anyway..)

That sloped infotainment screen is in a unique position. Don’t remember seeing a screen placed in a position like that in any other car.
The new Mercedes C-Class and S-Class use the same style sloping infotainment screen 👍🏻

Attachments

• mercedes-c-class-revealed-interior-2.jpg
    mercedes-c-class-revealed-interior-2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 280
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 215
While at Longbridge today, Director general, stated that Marvel R (& X) will NOT be coming to the UK.
Yes, all the background buzz is the MG is looking to create a presence everywhere else but Britain.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom