Mats

I HAVE JUST ORDERED A SETOF HEAVY DUTY RUBBER ONES OFF EURO PARTS THEY HAVE THE ONE PIECE REAR IN THE SET FOR £15 IL LET YOU KNOW MONDAY IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD THEY LOOK THICK ONES YOU HAVE TO TRIM THEM TO FIT PROB BUT THATS NOT HARD YOU CAN GET SAME FOR £13 BUT THEN THERE IS POST ON TOP
I think the only problem with rubber is they don’t absorb any liquid and when you get them wet, they stay wet. I don’t know if this good or bad, I just know my textile mats aren’t as slippery when I’m driving.

I was finding a lot of mixed information on mats for the HS PHEV so sent an email to MG.
Hi xxxxxxxx
Hope you can clarify something, does the HS and HS PHEV use the same floor mats? I cannot get a straight answer as some say yes and some say they are different and some say they are no longer available anyway! I guess the boot mat is the same but again am told this is no longer available.

I received a reply today as below:
Thank you for the email.
Regarding the floor mats for the MG HS PHEV, I can confirm they are not the same and have different part numbers.
The floor mats for the MG HS and the MG HS PHEV are NOT compatible.
Also the MG HS PHEV only have fabric floor mats on our website and the boot mats are no longer available.
Hope the above helps and thank you for contacting us.
Kind Regards........

I note some retailers list their mats as fitting both HS and PHEV.
Confusing.

I bought a set from carandvanmats.co.uk and, in my opinion, they are reasonable quality at a reasonable price. They fit the PHEV perfectly and they are listed separately from the 'normal' HS mats. They list HS manual, HS auto and HS hybrid all as separate items. Details:

MG HS HYBRID CAR MATS YEARS 2019 TO PRESENT 44641

I think the only problem with rubber is they don’t absorb any liquid and when you get them wet, they stay wet. I don’t know if this good or bad, I just know my textile mats aren’t as slippery when I’m driving.
tbh ive always has the rubber ones found no faults with them as for trhe set i bought i have just seen there is a tunnel in the chassis so would need cut the middle section out you would have thought they would have flattened the lump out to have flat floor at the rear like the id3

The dealer installed a set of MG mats, they fit well except for the drivers mat. I noticed that this mat did not sit properly in the floor and the front was canted off to the left going partly up the foot rest. After a check with the tape measure I reckon the left hand retainer of the carpet nearest the tunnel was about 5~10mm further forward in the mat than the one on the right door side.
Could be a Friday afternoon model. Not sure yet if the upper and lower mat insert can be separated though.

Emailed MG and got a reply. They only supply one mat now, before they advised me they did two, one for the HS and one for the HS PHEV and stated they had different part numbers, my dealer also stated that there were different part numbers. Now there is only one and if its the same as I have then the drivers mat does not fit correctly. So if going for MG mats in your PHEV check and try before you buy!!
So no interior mats, flaps or boot mat. Thinks... getting rid of old stock that will not fit the new HS?

I am in contact with a UK supplier regarding PHEV mats, they said they did them. I was not sure so asked them to send me templates for the ones they supply. I found that the Drivers template mat was not right for a PHEV, the floor fixings were not in the same place and the sides were not shaped the same. I modded their template and am waiting to hear from them.

We had previously bought a set of Kona mats for my wife's 2022 Hybrid from them and found the mats they supplied did not fit her car correctly, front or rear. We used lining paper to copy the original carpet mats (FOC from the dealer) as we wanted rubber which the dealer could not supply.
The rubber mats they then made and supplied are an excellent fit in her car. I hope they do the same with the HS PHEV Mats!!

I found the official MG mats didn't quite line up with the fixings, but with a little brute force I managed to get the job done.
The punched hole in the mats is a large one and when the plastic grommets are fixed they can cause the alignment to be out by about half and inch when both side are taken into consideration.

Overall the mats fit great, just needed a little manipulation on first fit.

I found the official MG mats didn't quite line up with the fixings, but with a little brute force I managed to get the job done.
The dealer tried and so did 2 other members of staff, all 3 gave up the challenge. If I am paying for bespoke mats, manufactured by the car maker and supplied by the dealer you should not have to use brute force to make them fit and then fit incorrectly. A little wriggle room is acceptable, needing brute force is not, in IMHO.
I did not want to order a set of rubber mats (NOT Carpet) and find they did not fit, there are many who say Not Hybrid or Manual or Auto only and some who don't seem to know what they fit!
I was told there were 2 bespoke MG versions, HS and HS PHEV, now only 1 version to fit what, HS, PHEV, Auto, Manual ?

Getting the rubber mats has been a bit of a long running saga, mostly due to the template cutter at the manufacturers being incorrectly calibrated. I have now at last agreed the paper templates are a perfect fit. Why they did not check their machine I have no idea, probably did not believe that my ruler could measure better than their machine!
Now I need to wait for them to send a real set to try in the car.

Purchased set of 4 heavy duty 4mm thick tailored Hitech rubber floor mats for HS PHEV good fit quality mat £30 ebay. 4mm thick so should give a lot longer service than other 3mm products.
item No: 255636841382

Last edited:
I've just ordered some of these, had to send some cheap ones back that were really thin and smelt really strong of rubber despite leaving them to air for days. Hopefully these won't smell and will fit okay.

Are the HS PHEV mats the same as HS mats? I see mats available for the HS but no mention of PHEV.
Difference I found is the retaining “knobs” are 90degree different. The mats I ordered allowed me to turn the oval hole 90deg! Hey presto! That only applies to HS AUTO mats. These were 3050g mats off Fleabay about £90. But if you consider paying £75 for MG’s cardboard efforts that last a year? I have had these in my previous “chauffeur hire” cars and they lasted 100-150,00 miles and went in the washing machine 3-4 times

Attachments

• 52C2EF3D-E64B-4667-AC2B-3C3C851FA166.jpeg
    52C2EF3D-E64B-4667-AC2B-3C3C851FA166.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 67
I've just ordered some of these, had to send some cheap ones back that were really thin and smelt really strong of rubber despite leaving them to air for days. Hopefully these won't smell and will fit okay.
Just fitted the hi-tech mats but had to trim the rear mats slightly for a perfect fit. It appears the only difference between the various mats I think are the rear mats are smaller for the hybrid then the others, not a problem if the are rubber, and these don't smell.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom