Maximum mileage

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all can anyone tell me why the cars maximum miles when fully charged is advertised as163 do I get readings above my last 2 were 174 & 192 surely when fully charged it will always be 163 .

thanks Phil

I believe it calculates your driving style/ kwh usage against available power.

Kind of like an ice car calculates fuel in the tank vs your current mpg.

Well that's my opinion🤔

Upvote 0
You got those higher readings because GOM is based on your previous driving style, if you reset the accumulated total trip, GOM will show the advertised 163 miles.

Edit: with 100% SOH it should show the 163 miles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dont forget the GOM or mileage show is purely a guessometer and as previously mentioned above that there are a number of factors that change overhaul mileage the car will deliver. At the moment in deepest darkest West Yorkshire at around 8c I would be lucky to achieve 110-130 dependant on driving style/ weather temp and general conditions as batteries hate the cold. As suggested above reset both current and accumulative trip meters and you will get a more realistic mileage shown.

Upvote 0
Thanks this is why you gotta love these forums there’s always someone who can point you in the right direction.I know that the max we are getting is about 130 so I know it would never realise the high figures just could understand why they were above the max 163 but now I know 👍🏻😜

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get high readings (170 plus) if I start the fully charged car with the climate system turned off. Basically it adds 10% to the expected mileage. Putting it into Economy mode adds another 10%.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom