Maximum regen

fonologico

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, how many regen your car? The maximum that I seen is -19, but the panel indicator shows -25 as the limit

M
Hello, how many regen your car? The maximum that I seen is -19, but the panel indicator shows -25 as the limit
Might it depend on the state of discharge the battery is at? Solar panels are quoted as kWp - the p standing for peak - or maximum they are capable of. It could be the same with regen - the maximum capability - but one that is rarely achieved. (My guess).

Thought not. Not very smart. Is there any way to poke MG to sort this, it is a fundamental advantage of an ev to use regenerative braking?

I don't follow this. I use ACC in lots of situations not just on the motorway. I have never seen the power meter go negative when the ACC is on and it feels like it is using the brakes.

I drive my car most of the time so I get regen :)

IMHO it is not wise to use ACC on normal roads. Clearly others will disagree.

MG Pilot makes motorway driving less stressful.

Last edited:
This afternoon, I drove down Cheddar Gorge in ECO with KERS on 3. In the Hyundai Kona, I used to get 2 miles of range back and 3 miles on a good day. The ZS got 5 miles of range back!
That'll do me. :)
I drive that route quite a bit and get similar extra mileage in my ZS Gen 2

I drive my car most of the time so I get regen :)

IMHO it is not wise to use ACC on normal roads. Clearly others will disagree.

MG Pilot makes motorway driving less stressful.
In my part of the country motorways is a luxury we don't have, not even dual carriageways, we only have A and B roads, which I often use ACC and pilot on.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom