Media bias against EVs

BugEyed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
The media seems totally anti-EVs, even when not supported by Big Oil advertising. Today's homepage on the BBC website for example:

IMG_20220624_070422.jpg

The first story is sad but unlikely that the EV nature of the car was the issue, and the second certainly irrelevant.

Post up other examples of bias as you come across them.

Exactly. So why not describe it as a "silver" car, or "Chinese" car? Likewise there's nothing about the Toyota being a BEV that makes the wheels come loose, they've been making heavier PHEVs for over a decade.

I thought exactly the same when I saw that on my BBC app. Its a car that's come out of a showroom or whatever window, isn't the first and won't be the last. Is this really news worthy??? Considering everything else that goes on in the world.

Electric car falls from China offices.

I wonder how many people park their cars in offices.
The electric part is click bait like said above.

Echoes of the old FIAT test track on the roof of their factory in Lingotto although I don't think anything really went over the side. My brother actually manged to put a Rover Coupe 3.5 Auto through a garage door (on the ground floor)

As has been said the fact that it was a EV is irrelevant other than Nio only make EVs so it couldn't have been anything else.

Echoes of the old FIAT test track on the roof of their factory in Lingotto although I don't think anything really went over the side. My brother actually manged to put a Rover Coupe 3.5 Auto through a garage door (on the ground floor)

As has been said the fact that it was a EV is irrelevant other than Nio only make EVs so it couldn't have been anything else.
Hope their collision avoidance systems get a tinker after that **** up...

It's not that they are anti EV, it's that they are pro profit. Controversy attracts readers/click throughs and the more of them, the higher the advertising revenue. Read any 'news' story with that in mind and you won't go far wrong.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom