MFG rapid chargers and MG5 pre facelift

Another oldie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am planning a trip to the Catford , Bromley area and wonder if any MG5 users have used the chargers at 360 Verdant Lane Catford. If so have they had any problems? Am I right in thinking I would not need to download any app as some are contactless?

I too have a pre-facelift 5 and have used MFG chargers successfully a couple of times. No apps, no fuss, just use your credit card. I hope all goes well for you at Catford.

Thank you for your helpful advice. So far I have only risked Instavolt and Osprey chargers which seem to be lacking in that area. I had wondered whether to us my wife's hybrid but will opt for the MG5 which has more space.

I stopped at a hub of MFG's near Wigan the other day and used my Electroverse RFID card. Just look out for time restrictions.

I've used a few different mfg chargers without drama, the only bad part was I nearly fell over the rubber bump stop on the floor:rolleyes:

It's always when there's people around that I do stupid things:ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your helpful advice. So far I have only risked Instavolt and Osprey chargers which seem to be lacking in that area. I had wondered whether to us my wife's hybrid but will opt for the MG5 which has more space.
Instavolt and Osprey are contactless, you don't need to use their app, I never have, if that was what you were implying.

It is good to learn that ERG chargers are also contactless, reliable and electricity can be paid for by credit card without the hassle of any downloading of apps.

Delighted to say I managed the return trip without the need for charging. I left the Oxford area fully charged using my granny chargerand still had over 30% charge when I got back. I generally kept to about 60mph on the motorway and chose to go the Henley route which is shorter. Was impressed with the handling in a torrential thunderstorm while travelling through London.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom