MG AA RECOVERY …????

Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
I’ve just been reading about mg ev’s being recovered on the forum
I just would like to ask has anyone got any kind of AA card, certificate or email confirming the cover
I understand from the forum and MG website that it’s the top cover
After I had picked my car up I remembered that I had heard on a video on YouTube you get free AA membership
So I phoned my supplying dealership and they just gave me this phone number 0800 072 3338 and said to ring this if I needed the AA
HAS ANYONE ANY INFO ABOUT THIS??????
cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I asked this very same question at my local dealer this afternoon, the guy explained that like the warranty the AA membership is tied to the vehicle registration and if I had any problems to just ring the AA and explain. Some owners seem to have had a card with the manual wallet, I didn't.

I asked this very same question at my local dealer this afternoon, the guy explained that like the warranty the AA membership is tied to the vehicle registration and if I had any problems to just ring the AA and explain. Some owners seem to have had a card with the manual wallet, I didn't.
Hmm
At least I’m not the only one
BUT
It’s a bit strange not to have any kind of documentation or policy number
Let’s see what other people have to say
I’m going back to the dealership tomorrow (2nd time, they couldn’t link up to MG website the first time ) for my kers update so I will ask the question again
Cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

When I received delivery of our ZS EV on the 6th Jan 2020.
Inside the handbook wallet there was a thin paper card with the phone number of MG Assistance.
No other details, other than just a phone number.
If you are concerned if your car is covered, ring the number provided above and ask them to see if your car is registered on the system.
I never did this, although I did have the card in my wallet pack.
But I can confirm that the system does work !.
I had a problem with my electronic handbrake on our ZS EV about 6 weeks ago.
I called the number and they answered straight away, I gave them my registration number and they dispatched an A.A. guy out to my home address straight away.
The service was brilliant.
They sent text messages to say how long it would take for him to arrive etc.
From the original contact, the guy was at our house in less that one hour.

It was almost an afterthought when I picked up mine. I mentioned AA recovery and they just opened a drawer and threw a blank 'membership card' into the documents wallet. It's not a proper membership card, just cardboard with the details you can fill in yourself. I looked up details though and it seems to be full recovery, home start etc. The full monty :)

My ZS EV had a proper plastic credit sized card in with the manual wallet. I must admit I didn't see it right away and had to root around to find it, but it was there.

Yes you get free AA membership for the first year after that you have to have the car serviced every year to renew the membership. When I had the first service I phoned the AA to check. and it had they said you dont need a card just the reg.

Yes you get free AA membership for the first year after that you have to have the car serviced every year to renew the membership. When I had the first service I phoned the AA to check. and it had they said you dont need a card just the reg.
That's a really good inventive to get it serviced whisky too. Excellent car deal gets excellenter by the day!

March cannot get here quick enough.

I got a plastic card in with handbook etc when new and a paper card, with updated dates, issued at first service.
It's full cover, Relay, Homestart, etc. and recovery to the nearest charging point if you run out of battery. But you're only covered in the UK and only for the car, not the member in any car as the standard AA cover is.

Just had my kers update done
Asked about AA card the service manager said that they just give the phone number out now
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

TBH, I'm not convinced that the AA membership is tied to an MG servicing requirement. I'm sure I read somewhere it's 4 years cover anyway, apparently someone phoned up and the AA told them they were covered for 4 years.

Hi all
I’ve just been reading about mg ev’s being recovered on the forum
I just would like to ask has anyone got any kind of AA card, certificate or email confirming the cover
I understand from the forum and MG website that it’s the top cover
After I had picked my car up I remembered that I had heard on a video on YouTube you get free AA membership
So I phoned my supplying dealership and they just gave me this phone number 0800 072 3338 and said to ring this if I needed the AA
HAS ANYONE ANY INFO ABOUT THIS??????
cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hi, you should have an AA membership card in the folder with your manuals, there are pockets inside the front cover. I have had one with all my eligible MGs.

I got a plastic card in with handbook etc when new and a paper card, with updated dates, issued at first service.
It's full cover, Relay, Homestart, etc. and recovery to the nearest charging point if you run out of battery. But you're only covered in the UK and only for the car, not the member in any car as the standard AA cover is.
I think they named it poorly calling it MG Assistance as that gives the impression it is just roadside assistance. Perhaps MG Total Cover would have been better and avoided confusion for those who don't check it out.

Although still waiting for my MG5 LR (😭) I currently have an MG6 and my wife an MG3, both covered by the MG Assistance scheme. (We were both given cardboard cards with the phone number on them by our dealership at both cars most recent service.)

Only on Wednesday this week my wife needed to call the AA because her car, having been parked in a supermarket car park for about 20 minutes, would not start; turn the key, silence!

The AA arranged for a local (to where she was stranded, some 40 miles from home) garage to send a mechanic. He diagnosed a starter motor fault ("needs a replacement") and then allegedly contacted his office to contact the AA to arrange Recovery to our MG Dealer. Approximately two hours later, having heard nothing further, she phoned the AA again, to be told that the first garage/mechanic had NOT made clear that she was stranded and recovery was needed!!! 😱

The "proper" AA man then arrived quite quickly, got in the car, turned the key and it started!!! Having been assured by my wife that she had tried to start it, that the local mechanic had done the same without success, the AA Technician then turned the engine off, attempted to start it again and nothing happened. He then jacked up the front of the car, looked at the starter motor and found the inevitable "loose" connecting wire. Connection tightened, problem solved! And he remained "on scene" until he (and my wife) were both certain the problem would not reoccur.

I'm not sure what the AA man thought of the "efforts" of the local garage!

So yes, to answer the OP, that is the right number to call and yes, you do get the full range of AA services, free!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom