MG after sales virtual dealer conference 2020

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
I still can’t copy the link on my phone but please check out the above YouTube video.
This is a video for the MG dealerships produced by MG UK.
Kev.

No that’s not it. You have to search exactly the thread title.
Correction:- should read 2020

@Tango130 , I am sorry it looks to have been taken down from the site. It was live so maybe MG didn’t want us punters to watch it.
It was interesting to see how little technical back up there is at MG HQ with level one queries taking up to 48 hours to answer and level two four hours. Due to COVID-19 there is a backlog of training courses to carry out. Also MG really trying to push own brand service packages. Also 017 Service repair, HV battery fuse, has been a big thing for MG to sort out.

Nope not that one either, it’s definitely not on YouTube. It had the glowing MG badge as the “front cover “.

I watched it live five minutes after it ended disappeared from YouTube. was quite interesting my main take was that most dealers aren't really interested in customer service they just want the extra sales that MG are enjoying

Yeah I was a bit dismayed at what I saw. MG have a large group of supporters whom invested into the brand and wish them to succeed. However, all I got from the video is that the UK company is still a small concern and not yet up to speed and that the dealerships are not yet fully trained. All a bit amateurish, not quite Tesla. I have a service and updates scheduled next month and the centralised service call centre has no idea on all the current updates. I’m going to have to contact the actual dealership in Southampton and talk this through with the service manager nearer the time.

Totally agree.. I think the dealers see the brand as a disposable commodity ..make money now and if it fails move onto somthing new. Have visited a couple of dealers and the MG brand seems like an after thought. Bought our ZS EV from Chorley Group and to be honest it was no better than being served at a supermarket checkout .The handover was take your car and leave we have other people waiting but to be honest it was all I was expecting so it didn't bother me.on a lighter note I love the car and my wife would never go back to an ice

Yeah I was a bit dismayed at what I saw. MG have a large group of supporters whom invested into the brand and wish them to succeed. However, all I got from the video is that the UK company is still a small concern and not yet up to speed and that the dealerships are not yet fully trained. All a bit amateurish, not quite Tesla. I have a service and updates scheduled next month and the centralised service call centre has no idea on all the current updates. I’m going to have to contact the actual dealership in Southampton and talk this through with the service manager nearer the time.

Well those lads in Southampton have no clue either. My car went in to them for C2, BMS, recall and HV fuse. All preplanned for 10 days. They never ordered the recall part and didnt have the correct computer to carry out BMS and HV fuse update, so they said. They did do the C2 update

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom