MG Backlight Emblem

jhunterwu

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the story on this backlit emblem?;)

Can we control it?

Anyone changed its bulb and color?

Anyone made the rear one light up as well?;)

Yep, I think about 3 leds around the base as it looks stronger around d that area.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Isn't it quite heavily using Audi parts?
When you go beyond the front of the dash and start checking the strength of the plastic trims and the quality of some of the fixings, compromises have been made, don't get me wrong still a good value car but with the high spec. of driver aids, something had to give just be especially careful if you have to remove something or get behind a panel the plastic is very brittle, check the plastic under the steering wheel and at the bonnet lever for reference.
The parts are made in China and materials will be made to a specification for the MG cars.

Audi styling with round vents etc, but not parts, all seem to be saic
SAIC do build locally for VW and Audi, I'd expect the local product in this case to have a different quality of plastics as well when compared to European built VW/Audi. Although not the very best, I don't find the plastics on the car to be too bad at all, I think we have a few heavy handed DIY types on this forum, not everyone has the "feel" to be dismantling car parts... ;)

SAIC do build locally for VW and Audi, I'd expect the local product in this case to have a different quality of plastics as well when compared to European built VW/Audi. Although not the very best, I don't find the plastics on the car to be too bad at all, I think we have a few heavy handed DIY types on this forum, not everyone has the "feel" to be dismantling car parts... ;)
My gorilla hands don't like your implication 🤣🤣🤣

Broken clips are nothing new, had them on many cars and motorbikes (and usually found to be broken by previous owners 🤪)

When I first looked at the car the salesman told me that SAIC have a huge investment in VW Audi and use the MG etc and test out things on the MG, before utilising in the VW Audi if successful. Sounds feasible?

When I first looked at the car the salesman told me that SAIC have a huge investment in VW Audi and use the MG etc and test out things on the MG, before utilising in the VW Audi if successful. Sounds feasible?
Sounds like typical salesman BS to me, even if it were true, there's no way some showroom floor sales wallah in the UK is getting kept in the loop, lol! ;)

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom