MG bonnet logo

Noooope - is this from past purchases or current? ( Not that I've purchased any obvs 😁👍)
This is the message I received:
We have identified a potential non-compliance issue with a recent product you have purchased.
Product Name:"Replacement Logo Auto Protection ABS MG4 MG MULAN EV 2021 2022 2023 Patch Auto Black Badge 3D Decal Raised Letters Stickers"
Cause for the potential problem:Intellectual Property Infringements

We take your safety and satisfaction very seriously, and we want to bring this matter to your attention promptly to ensure your shopping experience with us is in compliance with applicable laws and your expectations.

You may contact the seller in order to find more information and in case that the product is actually illegal, negotiate a solution such as requesting the return address of the seller and returning the product to the seller.

If however there is actually no issue with the product, please disregard this message. If you have any concerns about the product or have any further related questions, you shall contact the seller directly. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.​

The same thing happened a few years ago when you could get gel covers for Ford badges to change them from blue and silver to red and black or any other colour combinations. Ford shut them down for copyright infringement.

It's the same reason you can't get the MG logo or model names on third party floor mats.

Fangs have arrived with one piece of tape missing. Will swap their ( potentially) cheap n cheerful Chinese tape for 3M then get them on when the rain stops and I've got a mo' 👍

Fangs are a piece of cake m8.

Cleanliness on application is imperative if you want them to stay stuck.

8 months of Jet washing and still stuck fast. 👍

View attachment 26247
Sorry to harp on but....
Am I right in thinking they just stick on top of the existing moulding? You don't have to remove anything first ?
Cheers

Make sure you have a cup of tea or coffee at the ready, oh and a 'thin' cushion.

Once you have stuck them on and firmly pressed everything thoroughly into place, put the cushion or similar over the badge and sit on it whilst enjoying your brew.

This is of course overkill and something the likes of only Bricktop might do! but mine have been on nearly eight months now, with no signs of lifting evident.👍

Warming the new badge and the bonnet badge with a hair dryer also improves the adhesion.

Make sure you have a cup of tea or coffee at the ready, oh and a 'thin' cushion.

Once you have stuck them on and firmly pressed everything thoroughly into place, put the cushion or similar over the badge and sit on it whilst enjoying your brew.

This is of course overkill and something the likes of only Bricktop might do! but mine have been on nearly eight months now, with no signs of lifting evident.👍
Sitting on the bonnet for 8 months..... I admire your stamina and tea drinking 😁

Sorry to harp on but....
Am I right in thinking they just stick on top of the existing moulding? You don't have to remove anything first ?
Cheers
I removed the tape on the fangs themselves and put additional tape on the part that sticks to the black moulding. I was concerned that the tape on the fangs would damage the underlying paintwork if I ever had to remove them. The moulding is black plastic so less sensitive to surface damage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom