MG computer systems up Now

Wainw74

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi peeps

Just to let you all know if you don't already that MG have the computer systems up and running now so if your waiting to collet your car then give your dealer a ring

Simon

Hi mate I have been waiting since the car arrived at the dealers on the 31st Jan..

It's not a EV it's the MG HS1.5T-GDI Exclusive Red Interior

But am not going to pick it up Friday as was planned before as the new 23 reg is live end of this week so picking it up on a week Friday....

So no 72 plate Nice new 23 plate

Happy days! My car has been sat at the dealers for 2 weeks now waiting on the system to come online. Will hopefully get it picked up tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Happy days! My car has been sat at the dealers for 2 weeks now waiting on the system to come online. Will hopefully get it picked up tomorrow, fingers crossed!
I'd wait for the new reg if you can, unless it's already been done. It helps with model recognition when you come to sell. I had a December 2017 plate on a 2018 facelift Suzuki and they priced it wrong at trade in.

Yes Northern Ireland is dateless plates
I always find it unusual that in Ireland it permits the use of the letter “I” ( which looks like the number 1 in the U.K. of course ).
My wife has a private plate on here car which is originally from Ireland and has a “I” that gives the impression it is the number “1”.
A lot of people use Irish numbers for this very reason.

I think UK is the only country to have their registration numbers time aware. Used to be yearly then the UK car industry decided they weren't selling enough cars so the made it six monthly, a silly practice that makes silly people change their cars every year so they can boast to everyone that they have a 'New Car' without being obvious. Very sad.

I think UK is the only country to have their registration numbers time aware. Used to be yearly then the UK car industry decided they weren't selling enough cars so the made it six monthly, a silly practice that makes silly people change their cars every year so they can boast to everyone that they have a 'New Car' without being obvious. Very sad.
Not quite some countries are just harder to decipher cos we're not used to it Ireland and Holland is time aware for sure oh and Spain

Last edited:
This is why I left the “Having The Latests number Plate Rat Race” on my car, about 20 years ago.
I bought a cheap Irish cherished number, that does not identify the year of the car and then transfer it over if I change the car.
It has been on older cars and brand new cars over years.
The amount of times I have heard this :-
“Your car is in great condition, how old is it”.
They never ever guess correctly !.
Best £200 I ever spent IMO.
Same on my wife’s little Fiat 500 that she loves to bits.
Fiat are still making the same model and even in the same colour.
It’s a 2016 model and is in brilliant condition.
A lot of ladies have mistaken it for a brand new car on numerous occasions.
Because the plates change every six months in the U.K. the latest number chasers feel under pressure to replace their car’s prematurely.
Only the public buy cars on the number on the plate, the trade mainly value and buy cars based on the first date of registration.
Sales people walking around a car in order to make a valuation will very often heard to say.
“When was the car first registered mate”.

I called the dealer who has a taken my deposit today for an update. They told me MG systems are down and won’t be up until 1st week of March. They said that they are getting random deliveries of new cars and don’t really know what to expect.

I called the dealer who has a taken my deposit today for an update. They told me MG systems are down and won’t be up until 1st week of March. They said that they are getting random deliveries of new cars and don’t really know what to expect.
Any chance they have decided to suspended registering any new cars until after new 23 plate is released 🤷‍♂️ ?.

Any chance they have decided to suspended registering any new cars until after new 23 plate is released 🤷‍♂️ ?.
Possibly. Who knows how the minds of dealerships work. I’m sorry but most of the time I don’t believe anything that they say.

My dealer contacted me today with an update. He said that although my details have not come down the 'line' some had. The Trophy model I'm getting is apprently in a batch of other MG ZS EVs so its seems the system is only just getting back up to speed and is working through by model types at the moment. He says that I should hear on Monday or Tuesday next week because the 'Connects' are the next models on his list.

We will see.......................

evcog

I'd wait for the new reg if you can, unless it's already been done. It helps with model recognition when you come to sell. I had a December 2017 plate on a 2018 facelift Suzuki and they priced it wrong at trade in.
Hi

My reg number was already assigned to my vehicle but my dealer is brilliant and has changed it to the new plate I had to wait a week more but what's 1 more week when you been waiting for MG techs to pull there finger out.

Just received well on Friday but just noticed it going though my email my new number plate

Is HOW weird
MG23... Y

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom