MG EV New Purchase

Robbo18

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all I am in the process of looking for an EV and I have settled on the ZS. I am going to buy one used.

Now I have been looking and I would like one that includes the MG app Ismart for remote monitoring etc. I know the ZS has better support in earlier cars but what year should I be looking at to make sure (any features to look out for that comes with the facelift version)

Anything else to be mindful of?

Thanks in advance

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

All the facelift versions have the iSmart app which has a suite of functions for remote monitoring and control of some functions.

The Connect versions have voice control and a few extra functions, although Android Auto is also able to control the infotainment system by voice.

The Trophy versions have the sky roof, which has been discontinued in the UK from July 2023.

And finally, there are 2 battery sizes for the standard range and the long range.

Good luck with your search. :)

Alan.

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

All the facelift versions have the iSmart app which has a suite of functions for remote monitoring and control of some functions.

The Connect versions have voice control and a few extra functions, although Android Auto is also able to control the infotainment system by voice.

The Trophy versions have the sky roof, which has been discontinued in the UK from July 2023.

And finally, there are 2 battery sizes for the standard range and the long range.

Good luck with your search. :)

Alan.
Thanks for the quick reply and good info, and sorry for my inaptitude but what am I looking for in the facelift version 😂 . I have been to a main dealer but they really were not that helpful about the app and were pushing me more towards the 23 plate models more for their bottom line I think!

I will be getting long range which I think is the 72kw battery and 280ish range.

The mark I ZS has a fake black grill with the charge port in the centre under the MG badge. The mark II facelift has a patterned front the same colour as the rest of the car, with the charge port offset to the left as you look at it.

I've also got the long range and 280 miles as an average is about right. :)

The Gen2 model that you are after was introduced on 71 plate but supply chain problems led to extended delivery lead times so there are relatively few around older than 72 plate.

There maybe some things lacking in a new 2023 model such as V2L capability (a cable, for additional cost, you plug in where you can run electrical items off of eg a fridge, lawnmower etc, but not your entire house). This capability appears to have been discontinued ( not the cables thenselves, but the cars ability to power it). Its no longer mentioned on the attributes in the sales bumf.

It may however have the latest software to charge at all Teslas chargepoints open to non Telsas. Not all of the 2021 and 2022 face-lift models can do this and it can be difficult to get some dealers service centres to update for this, irrespective of whether you are prepared to pay for this update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom