• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG EVs Podcast Monday 15th February 2021 @ 7:30pm UTC

I will be leasing rather than purchasing and the MG5 is more expensive to lease than the MG ZS. The other car I am looking at is the Ioniq 38kw. The Ionic Premium SE and ZS Exclusive are identically priced to lease and they are more or less spec'd to my needs (although they offer different benefits. E.g. the ZS has more space and a panoramic roof while the Ioniq has a reversing camera and LED lights). The deal breaker is the range and, as I regularly visit my mother (when allowed) who lives 300 miles away, it is a 2 stop trip in the Ioniq or 3 in the ZS. Unless, of course there is a BM update, as is claimed in India, to extend the range to 418km, which would kick the Ionic into the long grass.
The zs has a reversing camera - def on the higher spec version - given all the extras on that version for not much more I doubt many people would not highly recommend it over the base zs ev version.
Regarding doing a 300mile trip, yes the zs ev probably isn’t ideal, but it really comes down to have often you’re actually really going to do that trip. If it’s motorway driving at 70, you’re going to want to assume a charge every 100miles - if suitable charge locations aren’t near those 100miles points of the journey you’d have to charge earlier and then need another stop

The zs has a reversing camera - def on the higher spec version - given all the extras on that version for not much more I doubt many people would not highly recommend it over the base zs ev version.
Regarding doing a 300mile trip, yes the zs ev probably isn’t ideal, but it really comes down to have often you’re actually really going to do that trip. If it’s motorway driving at 70, you’re going to want to assume a charge every 100miles - if suitable charge locations aren’t near those 100miles points of the journey you’d have to charge earlier and then need another stop
I agree and disagree with what been said about the range as I did 250 miles yesterday, drop to 65 mph with two partial stops and you’ll easily make the 300 mile trip, two full charges to 80% would have easily made the trip, three stops is clearly playing it very safe.

Did a check today, the large drivers blade is 24 inches, the smaller passengers blade is 14 inches.
I can find Bosch AeroTwin blades in the correct size, but it is the fitting that puzzles me, anyone who knows what the fitting type is called on the ZS EV?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom