MG Gillanders in Aberdeen and Peterhead leaving MG group end of August…

Jonhklee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just heard from local MG Service team, GILLANDERS are leaving MG group as a dealer network:

Don’t know who will replace them!? will have to get my Mg serviced at Brechin instead….

Anyone near Aberdeen know the situation?

Oh no! That is bad news. I have always found them excellent to deal with. I'll have to do some investigating and see what the options are for servicing too.

Dropped in to Gillanders Aberdeen on Friday and was told that Peter Vardy will be the new local MG dealer from September 1st. I believe that it will be located at the Lang Stracht but still to be confirmed.

I hope Peter Vardy group match the service and know how....but I suspect maybe not. Time will tell.

Thanks for the info! That’s great, even closer for me! Walking distance even!! I’m pleased if that’s true!

It’s a shame. Have had good service from Peterhead and aberdeen gillanders.

peter vardy is better than going down to Brechin I suppose. I’m only 10 mins away.

I had it confirmed yesterday when I popped in to have a look.
The guys there have a lot of swatting up to do about EV's.
They said they are taking over for the whole of Scotland, so I assume the one in Brechin will be losing the franchise as well
It does mean there will be more choice in Aberdeen as they will be able to get any car in their network sent up if you order it. They said they will also have pre-registered MGs as well.

This is bad news in my opinion. The bigger they are the worse the service. Never been impressed by Peter Vardy or Arnold Clark. Never found them particularly helpful. Sales staff usually don’t know what they’re talking about and service departments are poor. They just seem interested in extracting as much as they can (£).

When I asked where you adjust regen, in the MG5, as I have paddles in my car, he said you dont get paddles as there are no gears in an EV. When I explained about regen, he was surprised.
They seemed quite cocky/confident that they will get good discounts, pre-registered etc when they take over

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom