MG HS exclusive no power juddering

cyderman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
On way home yesterday car decided to lose power. It was juddering and would only very slowly accelerate. I tried all different driving modes including super sport button but made no difference. Car was struggling. Car is 2021 and 18,000 miles. Almost felt like an old car that was only firing on three cylinders rather than four. I’m assuming it’s perhaps an electrical component breaking Down? Once back home I turned engine off. When turning on again all seemed fine..back to normal? I’m concerned that it may happen again and I get stuck somewhere. Anyone had a similar experience?

Sounds like the car entered 'Limp Mode' or 'Protection Mode' when the electric motor overheated (p178-9 in my copy of the Owners Handbook) or the particulate filter in the exhaust system gets clogged. The latter was a frequent issue in my old Saab diesel Sportwagon where Limp-Home mode was very irritating till the diesel particle filter was replaced. By the way - 'super sport button' ?? What 'super sport button' ? Mine has no such setting, to my knowledge!

Sounds like the car entered 'Limp Mode' or 'Protection Mode' when the electric motor overheated (p178-9 in my copy of the Owners Handbook) or the particulate filter in the exhaust system gets clogged. The latter was a frequent issue in my old Saab diesel Sportwagon where Limp-Home mode was very irritating till the diesel particle filter was replaced. By the way - 'super sport button' ?? What 'super sport button' ? Mine has no such setting, to my knowledge!
Hi John, car is HS exclusive petrol and has a super sport button on the steering wheel. When button is pressed the led dash turns red and is now in a sports mode producing more power. I think this option is only present on the petrol version HS. I had RAC out to investigate and they could not find any fault code that referred to the issue I had. He suggested that it was probably a temporary blip which was unlikely to happen again and advised me to ignore and carry on as normal. Car does seem to be behaving again.

Hi John, car is HS exclusive petrol and has a super sport button on the steering wheel. When button is pressed the led dash turns red and is now in a sports mode producing more power. I think this option is only present on the petrol version HS. I had RAC out to investigate and they could not find any fault code that referred to the issue I had. He suggested that it was probably a temporary blip which was unlikely to happen again and advised me to ignore and carry on as normal. Car does seem to be behaving again.
This forum is for the PHEV version of the hs, there will not be many petrol owners here. I suggest posting on the MG HS facebook page which has a much larger community of petrol HS owners and may be able to advise you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom