Mg hs phev charging

Here in Thailand, MG provides a free wall charger with all EVs/PHEVs. It is the same 7kW charger. The full EVs can draw the full 7kW. The onboard charger for the PHEV is only 3.7kW so it can only draw that from a 7kW charger.
Thanks so still better than the grannie charger

Yes from empty it's approx 4hrs instead of 6hrs for the granny charger. I've never sat with a stop watch, so only as a guestimate. I also have a zappi, but am on a 20amp supply, so putting the kettle on limits the charge for a few minutes :rolleyes:

I think Azzasdman got my answer from the other online group but I can confirm with a 7kW UK home wall charger, it took 4hrs 10mins to charge from zero percent. The car said 4hrs 17mins so it wasn’t far off. The charge not once went over 3.5kW and the car accepted 13.3kWh so there were still 3.3kWh in reserve which isn’t usable to the UK drivers in EV mode. However the car can still operate in EV below 26mph whilst in auto/hybrid mode, how long it can do that I don’t know as I just ran out of the 32 miles of EV juice literally just outside my estate and as I drove in at 20mph it was automatically running in EV.

Attachments

• CE3FC901-09A4-4493-8DF8-FDFEDFF87C19.jpeg
    CE3FC901-09A4-4493-8DF8-FDFEDFF87C19.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 214
Ohh, I feel a 20mph crawl round the estate coming on, only problem is at 20mph, that's probably 30mins of crawling just to find the true range of battery.

"Honest officer, I was testing my EV battery, I wasn't curb crawling"

I think Azzasdman got my answer from the other online group but I can confirm with a 7kW UK home wall charger, it took 4hrs 10mins to charge from zero percent. The car said 4hrs 17mins so it wasn’t far off. The charge not once went over 3.5kW and the car accepted 13.3kWh so there were still 3.3kWh in reserve which isn’t usable to the UK drivers in EV mode. However the car can still operate in EV below 26mph whilst in auto/hybrid mode, how long it can do that I don’t know as I just ran out of the 32 miles of EV juice literally just outside my estate and as I drove in at 20mph it was automatically running in EV.
Thanks much appreciated

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom