MG HS PHEV freeze in EV mode

Kakashi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello smart people,

I have bought new MG HS EV+ but I have having some issues as below.

• When I am driving on EV mode, at random speed, intermittently car freeze. If I push on the race it dose not go further then freeze speed.
  • a dotted white indicator on the power side start from 0 and reach all the way to 100
  • Once it reach to 100 ( in a second or 2) the car suddenly pick up the race, like a spring holding and then release.

I have no idea what is going on, it is something car is checking state of battery before it allocating more power or it is a fault or settings.

due to the intermittent issue , dealer could not find the issue with the car. He upgraded car software but I am still having the same issue.

If you have similar issue or any ideas please let me know. If you know any way to capture the fault which help me to show the technician that would be great as well.

Thank you.

This sounds like the known gear change lag issue when in EV mode at 45-50 mph and 70 mph( 80 km/h and 125 km/h).
There are a few threads concerning this , i am not aware of any software fix yet

This sounds like the known gear change lag issue when in EV mode at 45-50 mph and 70 mph( 80 km/h and 125 km/h).
There are a few threads concerning this , i am not aware of any software fix yet
In my case it happens at any speed, I have experienced at the speed of 30kmph , 55 kmps and even 70 and 85 as well.

Does not sound good. So I have not seen anybody report the same issue as you( apart from the normal known gear change issue) , but it does sound like a gear change issue ( it has 10 gears ,4 for EV and 6 for ICE if I remember correctly). The only way to capture it is to video it happening on your phone , then show the dealer. Good luck.

I believe you are experiencing gear 3 and gear 4 changes.. those are extremely slow. I have mentioned this to my local MG dealer. They said that they will give it a go to check what I mean.. I wil lbe there in early June. I rarely see gear 3 change before 40 mph.. 4th is over 78 mph for me

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom