MG HS PHEV Insurance

NEILO

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I recently acquired a MG HS Exclusive PHEV to replace my Jaguar XF. I was disappointed to find that my insurance premium increased. Has anyone any advice on where to get the best insurance for MG HS PHEVs? A pity MG don't offer insurance.

Hi
there is a MG insurance which cost me £700 for the year, when I came to renew I ended up with Hasting direct which cost me just over £300 including brake down cover.

You can't go far wrong by using the comparison websites.

I wouldn't go that far but I would agree that you shouldn't assume the cheapest represents the best deal. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't.

Just don’t go for the cheapest.
Why?
If the terms are identical, why pay more for no benefit?
The lesser known companies are often owned by more well know companies anyway.
You don’t guarantee better service by paying more or choosing a well known company, for example Privilege. I had a collision which was recorded on my dashcam and 100% proved categorically to be the other drivers fault but Privilege still took almost a year of my constant badgering and 3 successful complaints to the Ombudsman about their poor service before they eventually confirmed the claim as non fault in my favour.

I find that most of my friends and family who I know over the years that have had an i incident that insurance company like to do knock for knock even like you had 100% evidence it was not your fault, but good for you kept pursuing that you not at fault, as most I feel people do not push that.

I find that most of my friends and family who I know over the years that have had an i incident that insurance company like to do knock for knock even like you had 100% evidence it was not your fault, but good for you kept pursuing that you not at fault, as most I feel people do not push that.
That doesn’t answer why people shouldn’t choose the cheapest.

BTW The issue with the appalling service had nothing to do with who was at fault, as that was never in question.

I tried comparison sites. The lowest annual premium was almost £600.
I shall try Hastings Direct on renewal.
It is based on yourself and the place you live, you may not get cheaper than that but always good to shop around.

That doesn’t answer why people shouldn’t choose the cheapest.

BTW The issue with the appalling service had nothing to do with who was at fault, as that was never in question.
In the past I have seen article on cheep insurance that it is not worth the paper it’s printed on but am sure people would have good service from them it’s down to people own judgement but personally I would not go with the cheapest

The Insurance Grouping goes from Group 18, (HS Auto), to Group 28, (HS PHEV). I imagine this is because of increased performance and parts cost.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom