MG HS PLUG IN REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR

D

Deleted member 3150

Am I right the black plastic boot sill protector is no longer sold by MG uk? I see eBay has some MG HS PLUG IN REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR . Has anyone else had problems with them -as you can see in my updated profile pic mine has lifted on right hand edge due to poor fitting at an angle. I’m on my second one as same on first dealer fitting and in the summer the heat softened the glue on the double sided tape and it fell off. I’ve refitted with 3m double sided foam and now looks solid.
PS: I still have the one that fell off which would need new foam tape if anyone is interested.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I fitted this reputable product by 3M (from eBay). It's translucent - so isn't obvious or even visible - but it is of a great quality and protects the rear bumper when shifting heavy loads in and out of the boot.

On the MG HS (PHEV) the horizontal section of the bumper (leading into the boot) curves inwards slightly at the ends, but if you take a little care - and on a warmish day - it's possible to curve this protection strip without creating air bubbles.

It's available in varying widths and depths according to your need, so measure carefully. All other similar 'protection' films are inferior to this 3M VentureShield product. (Btw, I am not related to the seller, lol.)

3M VentureShield Paintwork Protection Film (Car Van Bike Self Adhesive Tape 1m) | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think they are made by:
RGM ABS REARGUARD - HS - RGM Automotive

I have had them on my previous cars and not had any problems as they were fitted by them to our cars.
As on the link above it states it's available from MG which I gather it is not. Might be worth a call if not available from MG and this company wants to sell them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom