MG iSmart app and mobile phone number entering.

IanMG

Established Member
Reaction score
I can only log onto the MG iSmart app by email because it steadfastly refuses to send me a verification code when I try and register my mobile!
Log on using email, that is OK but I would like to log on using my mobile phone.
But in My Profile then My Information, I have the option to add Mobile.
It asks for authentication using my email address.
I put that in and I am presented with Mobile Phone and +44 is already pre entered so Ib add my mobile number. and press Send.
I then DON't get a verification code sent to the phone!
I have tried resend and double triple checked the number but no verification code!
Anybody else had this?

Also the security is low when you are asked for a password as you can't use non ASCII characters which increases security.
Not good!

Have never been able to get phone number verified I probably try at least once a week but email worked fine well after 4 or 5 attempts
Edit I do wounder if my mobile operator three is blocking the verification text as spam?

It’s really odd, because when I was signing up for the App, I used my mobile number and requested a code before adding in my E.mail address !.
But to surprise, it returned a code back almost straight away !.
I think mine is one of the odd one’s out 🤣.
I still don’t have my E.mail address in my profile page, but it all works as it should !.
My number is shown in the profile as starting with 44 first, then it has dropped the first 0 ( zero ) from the number, then the remaining numbers.

I don’t yet have my car, but I do have the app. I managed the email immediately, but the mobile took umpteen goes. I just kept on trying and eventually I received the code. I don’t know why some of us have issues and others get codes straight away. Just a glitch I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not sure why it requests both pieces of info anyway to be honest ?.
My profile does not have my E.mail listed, only my mobile number.
The App works okay, so clearly not required regardless ?.

Have never been able to get phone number verified I probably try at least once a week but email worked fine well after 4 or 5 attempts
Edit I do wounder if my mobile operator three is blocking the verification text as spam?
Reading the various woes that people have had with the iSmart app, I must be the only person in the world who was able to pair the phone the first time with no problems (using email admittedly)

Reading the various woes that people have had with the iSmart app, I must be the only person in the world who was able to pair the phone the first time with no problems (using email admittedly)
But where did you find the QR code?

This has been covered extensively on the forum, use the search function at the top of the page 👍
I'll be more helpful knowing how useless the search engines are on these forums!

On the MG iSmart app the QR reader is on the top right of My Profile. A square box type of icon!

To find out where the actual QR code on your car is look at the manual which is to be found in My Profile near the bottom of the list.

To all those people who are saying that the app works fine without a mobile number. I believe the alerts will be sent via SMS rather than email if the mobile is set up.
I accidentally triggered the car alarm the other day. The alert was sent via email - an SMS is more immediate and helpful.
The real question is, one year on from the first post, why is it not fixed? Answers MG?

To all those people who are saying that the app works fine without a mobile number. I believe the alerts will be sent via SMS rather than email if the mobile is set up.
I accidentally triggered the car alarm the other day. The alert was sent via email - an SMS is more immediate and helpful.
The real question is, one year on from the first post, why is it not fixed? Answers MG?
Our App was set up with ONLY my phone and no e.mail address and I receive warnings via this service okay 👍.
Strangely enough, it went straight through at the first attempt ??????.

Last edited:
I set mine up with mobile and email way before I actually took delivery of my car. It definitely took some patience to do, so I sympathise with anyone who is still experiencing difficulties with obtaining the codes. It should be a quick and seamless process - there’s no excuse!

Same for me! I can only log onto the MG iSmart app by email.
By the phone, the system not send me the verification code.
I tried many times, now I gave up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom