MG ismart app problems

Wobbly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had our ZX sr Trophy since July last year and the app has worked all this time.
For some reason yesterday it stopped working and i cannot do anything via the app!
The app is still showing the car at home, even though we've been out and about and its still showing the state of charge from 2 days ago!
Anyone know how to fix it?
Any help appreciated.

Mine stopped as well after I'd started a charge with the app. The server goes down quite often and you have to wait for it to come back up.

Mine stopped as well after I'd started a charge with the app. The server goes down quite often and you have to wait for it to come back up.
I thought that, it did it once before but only for a few minutes, I thought maybe I was in a phone dead spot, but this is 2 days now!
Thanks for replying, I'll give some more time!

Had our ZX sr Trophy since July last year and the app has worked all this time.
For some reason yesterday it stopped working and i cannot do anything via the app!
The app is still showing the car at home, even though we've been out and about and its still showing the state of charge from 2 days ago!
Anyone know how to fix it?
Any help appreciated.
If you delete the app, reinstall and log in again then you’ve done everything you can from your side.

Is the sos light on the ceiling panel going solid green as that indicates a cellular signal?

My car is responding on the app and I’ve not used it since Saturday as I’m 3000 miles away from it.

Is the sos light on the ceiling panel going solid green as that indicates a cellular signal?

My car is responding on the app and I’ve not used it since Saturday as I’m 3000 miles away from it.
Thanks for the info. Yes the light is solid green with the engine running, but it still won't connect.

Mine is back up and running.

That's good did you do anything or did it just sort itself out?

My App just started working again!
I didn't do anything except wait tor it to do its own thing!
Only thing now is the range is in kilometres but I'll take that!

Just started working again.

My App just started working again!
I didn't do anything except wait tor it to do its own thing!
Only thing now is the range is in kilometres but I'll take that!
Because you uninstalled it, you need to set up your preferences again.

My iSmart for Android set up & bound quickly & easily on 2022 ZS EV Essence. Was all good for a few days, then suddenly:

Would not run without needing a password again, then wouldn’t accept the original pw (which hadn’t changed). Then tried to ask for a new password, but this needed the original verification code (I no longer have this & have no idea how to retrieve).

Next I uninstalled & reinstalled the app & tried to set up under a different email account but the agreement checkbox would not check despite all the fields being correctly completed …

Have written to MG customer service but am still none the wiser. PITA.

My App was working after setting it up in April, when I purchased the MG EV long range trophy . In May it stopped working. It says I need to pair with the car again, when I do that it says it is already paired! I have tried deleting the app and starting again, but it still says it is already paired . Very frustrating, dealership has been no help, contacted customer services, no reply to e-mail.
Frustrated customer from Yorkshire !

I have a similar problem with my apple car play and called but no reply so email the salesman who sold me the MG EV 3 months ago that my AppleCar Play not working asking for advice. Such a simple request and I still have no reply whatsoever after a week and wonder who should I complain to higher up the management? Typical of dealership, once they got your money, they don't want to know anymore. I eventually google for a solution but MG Chiswick should have the decency to call back when they promised to and acknowledge my simple email request to no avail!
Thought I would like to share my after sale poor experience from Tharu and his manager of Chiswick MG and wonder if anyone has the same poor service l choong

I feel the same, twice been back to the dealership, they have tried to solve the app problem but failed. They suggested contacting customer service, the chap on the phone said that the dealership should sort it ! Going round in circles 🙄

My App was working after setting it up in April, when I purchased the MG EV long range trophy . In May it stopped working. It says I need to pair with the car again, when I do that it says it is already paired! I have tried deleting the app and starting again, but it still says it is already paired . Very frustrating, dealership has been no help, contacted customer services, no reply to e-mail.
Frustrated customer from Yorkshire !
I had the same problem with my trophy after I down loaded a software update earlier this week. I fixed it eventually by”un binding” the car. Open the app, select remote control hold down at the top where it says last update, select un bind, you will then get an email from siac with a number to enter, enter the number this will unbind you (which you may wish to do when you sell the car) you then re re bind your car like you or the dealer did using the OCR code when you first installed the app. Good luck

My app has stopped working
Lasted one week
73 plate triphey long range
I have unbounded the car
I have deleted the software
Reinstalled the software
Rebounded the car
All successfully but still won’t connect
Will disconnecting the 12v battery help or does anyone have any other ideas
Was so much easier charging the car with the app rather than getting in and out of the car
TYIA

Unblinded
Re-binded
Predictive text 😁

I also have a trophy and my app stopped working after I installed a software update hoping it would allow you to switch off the Lane guidance and stay off (it didn’t) I unblinded and re blinded everything said ok but still not working. Said could not find gps? So i went into settings scrolled down to privacy policy clicked Deny then clicked back on agree scrolled down and selected Map, Voice, online music and hey presto ismart app started working 👍 that was yesterday. This morning stopped working again. 🤬🤬🤬 it’s absolute rubbish 😢

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom