MG Ismart app update to V1.0.7 / 1.1.6 (merged)

After a factory reset reset of my phone yesterday I'm in 1.1.6 and I appear to be able to use a digital key to drive my car now. I haven't tried going out without my key yet, just in case the app is down when I wanna come back home and can't start the car, but some others might be more trusting of it...

Also, there is a share key feature, I haven't tested this but could be handy if someone needs to move the car off a driveway etc and can't find your key (or spare) for what ever reason.

(Not sure if this was already known, but I've just found it on the app now anwyay)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-211523~2.png
    Screenshot_20220829-211523~2.png
    410.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20220829-211919~2.png
    Screenshot_20220829-211919~2.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 96
Hi

I see that the app has been updated. [ Edit moderator: to V1.0.7 ]

For reasons most in here probably know i can not test what changes and improvements have been made, as i can not connect to the car, and also the car is not mine anymore, it belongs to the insurance company, so i now ask the panel.

Has anyone updated the app, and if yes, is there any difference, compared to the previous version ?

They state that the app has gotten :

1. Bug-fixes and enhancements
2. Performance improvements
It might be worth saying if iOS or Android. I assume they are different version numbers and I as an Android user have not seen any updates available.

Question if I may, do you download and register the app prior to binding with the car. Any observations or recommendations to use phone number or email etc. Thanks in advance

Question if I may, do you download and register the app prior to binding with the car. Any observations or recommendations to use phone number or email etc. Thanks in advance
I would down load the App and get yourself registered etc first.
Some people have had problems getting an account set up, a few attempts required.
A lot of people have had more luck getting it up and running by using their e.mail address.
I only entered my mobile number and it accepted it straight away, for some reason.
Once you have the App installed and running, you can use to bind to the car.
I had the App ready to go about 5 days before I collected our new ZS EV ( Gen 2 ) in March and it was very straightforward and done on the collection day.
The sales person helped with blue toothing my IPhone 12 to the car first of all, then we quickly figured out how to bind it to the car !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom