MG Ismart app update to V1.0.7 / 1.1.6 (merged)

Mine states that the Sunroof is open. As I am about 200 miles away from the car there is nothing I can do about it. Would be a great upgrade to the app if it was possible to actually shut the sunroof using a remote command.
Refresh the App a few times Michael it is very likely it is reporting incorrectly.
Mine will sometimes report incorrectly, then gets it right second time around.
It some times misses off reporting the internal temp in the cabin, but when refreshing the system check, it comes good !.
The electric window status reported fine at first, then it started reading incorrectly more times than not.
Now MG have removed the reporting facility, so no incorrect status reports now !.
I guess if you cant fix it, then remove it 🤣.

Refresh the App a few times Michael it is very likely it is reporting incorrectly.
Mine will sometimes report incorrectly, then gets it right second time around.
It some times misses off reporting the internal temp in the cabin, but when refreshing the system check, it comes good !.
The electric window status reported fine at first, then it started reading incorrectly more times than not.
Now MG have removed the reporting facility, so no incorrect status reports now !.
I guess if you cant fix it, then remove it 🤣.

Thanks.

Now it’s reporting as closed :)

Thanks.

Now it’s reporting as closed :)
Yeah - It does get the report incorrect now and again !.
I tend to find, f it reports OPEN after three refresh cycles, then it is fairly likely it is still OPEN !.
I am always leaving mine tilted open, by mistake to be honest.
It offers good ventilation into the car, so it gets used a lot.

It was back up and running again this morning ( 24th august 22 ) when I checked.
Some times I still have to refresh the page again, to get the cabin temp to display on the App.

I’ve updated to the new version of the app. It worked fine yesterday when I checked it at work.

I drove home and left it on charge last night and when I checked the app it wasn’t connecting to the car. I didn’t think much about it as I thought when I’d get in the car this morning it would sort itself out but it’s still not communicating.

I’ve unbinded and binded the car and also deleted and reinstalled the app but still nothing.

@Miles Roberts CG or anyone else got any suggestions or is anyone else having trouble with it?

I’m guessing the SIM in the car is connecting if it allowed me to rebind successfully.

Attachments

• F205FA99-F62A-41EF-8977-6143138C6EA9.png
    F205FA99-F62A-41EF-8977-6143138C6EA9.png
    892.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I’ve updated to the new version of the app. It worked fine yesterday when I checked it at work.

I drove home and left it on charge last night and when I checked the app it wasn’t connecting to the car. I didn’t think much about it as I thought when I’d get in the car this morning it would sort itself out but it’s still not communicating.

I’ve unbinded and binded the car and also deleted and reinstalled the app but still nothing.

@Miles Roberts CG or anyone else got any suggestions or is anyone else having trouble with it?

I’m guessing the SIM in the car is connecting if it allowed me to rebind successfully.
Mine did the same, the day I updated it - worked just fine all day.
At about 1.00am ( early hours of the next day ) it stopped responding to any chance of communicating with the car, it just kept saying “Try again latter”.
At 9.00am in the morning, it was all back up and running ?.
Still working okay today ( Thurs 25th Aug 22 ).

Have you tried rebooting the headunit in the car, by holding down the Home button? I just wonder if it's not logging on the server correctly?

Have you tried rebooting the headunit in the car, by holding down the Home button? I just wonder if it's not logging on the server correctly?
@Miles Roberts CG Tried rebooting but no success.

I then went into the menu and checked for an update and it says it’s got no network connection.

Attachments

• BB254477-179C-43A1-BC81-D4BDF9622F11.jpeg
    BB254477-179C-43A1-BC81-D4BDF9622F11.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 77
Sounds like it needs to visit a dealer then. I suspect the TCU needs a refresh.
Just went and tried again and it’s working. Either there were network issues, they’re doing stuff in the background following the app update or possibly when I tried to search for a software update it sprung back to life - I should have tried again straight away after I did that.

But it’s working which is the main thing, especially since I’m about to do a 4 hour drive this evening!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom