MG iSmart app user experience

Ding

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Day 3 of my trophy connect ownership, I have started charging with granny charger at home after driving 100 miles . Hopefully to get wallbox installed in a month. There are a couple of issues with my experience of the new iSmart app:

1) Binding the iSmart with the car using QR code. It is under user account menu in the centre screen.
Somebody has kindly posted a video here Binding QR code I was trying to find a QR sticker on the door frame initially😅. The app should tell the user where to find the QR code.

2) The new charging port in the front has a LED arrow indictor. Green arrow is charging. I assume blue arrow is discharging (V2L)
I plugged in granny charger last night. The blue arrow was on briefly for 30 seconds then turned off. The iSmart app shows could not charging (other reasons) This is first time that I am charging an ev, I have absolutely no clue. So after 'overnight charging' nothing happened. This morning I switched on centre screen in the car and changed target battery level to 80%. After press start charging button repeatedly still nothing happened.

Decided to give iSmart app another go. This time in the charging management screen there suddenly appears an instruction ask me to plugin the charger. So I unplugged the charger then plugged again. It finally worked. I think the app should be more clearly to ask user set target battery level first before charging.

Attachments

• Granny_1.jpg
    Granny_1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Granny_2.jpg
    Granny_2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 145
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back