MG iSmart App

Alan

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,
I like to be prepared and set things up ahead of time, so I was trying to register on the iSmart app on my Android smartphone and it keeps complaining about my password which is 8 charaters with numbers and letters and a symbol one of the letters is also capitalised. However, it keeps moaning about my password not being between 8 - 16 characters with numbers and letters!!! Frustrating, wondered if anyone else has tried to set it up in anticipation of the new car arriving and had an issue, or is it just a problem for me?!
cheers.

got it to work my removing the @ symbol I had in the password!! :O
Now I have to wait to bind the car... maybe I've just made my wait seem longer!!! :O

Last edited by a moderator:
I've downloaded it too but had no problem with the password. As soon as I open it, it defaults to the vehicle I'd page. Password - letters, number and a special character.

I've downloaded it too but had no problem with the password. As soon as I open it, it defaults to the vehicle I'd page. Password - letters, number and a special character.
I can see the menu and options but obviously can't do anything else as it needs to be bound to the car.

Can the app be used with the older model ZS EV? Where is the code the app asks for or is there a way to bind the car?

your all doing better than me. I can't even get it to send me a verification code. I've tried by SMS selecting UK+44 and dropping the zero, and by email.

Can the app be used with the older model ZS EV? Where is the code the app asks for or is there a way to bind the car?
No, unfortunately not.

your all doing better than me. I can't even get it to send me a verification code. I've tried by SMS selecting UK+44 and dropping the zero, and by email.
Worked ok for me, make sure its on Register and not Login, and you have an internet connection and if getting a code by mobile that you have a phone signal.

To whom it may concern.
If you look through previous posts on the App subject you will find that the iSMART app only works with the New ZS EV coming in quantities in March 2022 and the New Facelift MG5. reportedly arriving mid 2022 or later. The older models do not have the kit onboard to utilise the App and cannot be retro fitted.
Miles covers the point in a previous podcast.

Wouldn't register via mobile number so registered with email, no problem.

I can now log in but when I try to add my mobile number in my profile it will not accept my password for authentication.

Can log out nad log back in using same password - go figure

Wouldn't register via mobile number so registered with email, no problem.

I can now log in but when I try to add my mobile number in my profile it will not accept my password for authentication.

Can log out nad log back in using same password - go figure
strange! I signed up by phone number, and added my email in the app with no issues :O Are you on Android or Iphone? Mine is Android.

Can't get it to work on my iPhone. I can get the code with either phone or email. Add the code then my email and confirm but the register button does nothing.

I had a test drive today and my dealer is having the same problem as me, can't even get the access code returned via SMS or email. I'm using android and I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I am using Android.

One thing that I have found is that sometimes, when using the shift button and even thought the virtual keyboard is in capitals, it still puts a lower case letter in the password.

I have uninstalled, rebooted phone, said I forgot the password and got SAIC to send a verification code, changed password.

Still won't authorise with the password for my email address to allow me to insert my mobile number.

Oh well, won't be getting the car for a couple of months so no rush to sort it lol

My iSmart for Android set up & bound quickly & easily on 2022 ZS EV Essence. Was all good for a few days, then suddenly:

Would not run without needing a password again, then wouldn’t accept the original pw (which hadn’t changed). Then tried to ask for a new password, but this needed the original verification code (I no longer have this & have no idea how to retrieve).

Next I uninstalled & reinstalled the app & tried to set up under a different email account but the agreement checkbox would not check despite all the fields being correctly completed …

Have written to MG customer service but am still none the wiser. PITA.

Ahh, I was hoping you would say its not working for you either. I might have to head back at lunch to make sure the car is okay. Thanks for letting me know.

Seems to be back up now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom